Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org> on 2019/12/18 15:50:48 UTC

[DISCUSS] Drop vendor specific repositories from pom.xml

Hi everyone,

following the discussion started by Seth [1] I would like to discuss
dropping the vendor specific repositories from Flink's parent pom.xml. As
building Flink against a vendor specific Hadoop version is no longer needed
(as it simply needs to be added to the classpath) and documented, I believe
that the vendor specific repositories and the mapr profile have become
obsolete. Moreover, users can still use vendor specific Hadoop versions if
they configure their local maven to point to the respective repository [2].
Flink's sources would simply no longer be shipped with this option.

Are there any concerns about dropping the vendor specific repositories from
pom.xml? I would like to make this change for the upcoming Flink 1.10
release if possible.

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/83afcf6c0d5d7a0a7179cbdac9593ebe7478b0dc548781bf9915a006%40%3Cdev.flink.apache.org%3E
[2] https://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-multiple-repositories.html

Cheers,
Till

Re: [DISCUSS] Drop vendor specific repositories from pom.xml

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the feedback. As I haven't heard any objections, I'll open a
JIRA issue and a PR to remove the vendor specific repositories.

Cheers,
Till

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.