Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Matt K <ma...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/23 19:41:59 UTC

yarn jobhistory server not displaying all jobs

Hello,

I am an issue with Yarn's JobHistory Server, which is making it painful to
debug jobs. The latest jobs (from the last 12 hours or so) are missing from
the JobHistory Server, but present in ResourceManager Yarn UI. I am seeing
8 jobs only in the JobHistory, and 15 in Yarn UI.

Not much useful stuff in the logs. Every few hours, this exception pops up
in mapred-hadoop-historyserver.log, but I don't know if it's related.

2015-01-23 03:41:40,003 WARN
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.hs.KilledHistoryService: Could not process
job files

org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException(org.apache.hadoop.security.authorize.AuthorizationException):
User: hadoop is not allowed to impersonate hadoop

        at
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Invoker.invoke(ProtobufRpcEngine.java:206)

        at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy9.getBlockLocations(Unknown Source)

        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor18.invoke(Unknown Source)

        at

        at
org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invokeMethod(RetryInvocationHandler.java:186)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invoke(RetryInvocationHandler.java:102)

        at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy9.getBlockLocations(Unknown Source)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocolPB.ClientNamenodeProtocolTranslatorPB.getBlockLocations(ClientNamenodeProtocolTranslatorPB.java:219)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient.callGetBlockLocations(DFSClient.java:1137)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient.getLocatedBlocks(DFSClient.java:1127)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient.getLocatedBlocks(DFSClient.java:1117)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSInputStream.fetchLocatedBlocksAndGetLastBlockLength(DFSInputStream.java:264)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSInputStream.openInfo(DFSInputStream.java:231)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSInputStream.<init>(DFSInputStream.java:224)

        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient.open(DFSClient.java:1290)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem$3.doCall(DistributedFileSystem.java:300)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem$3.doCall(DistributedFileSystem.java:296)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystemLinkResolver.resolve(FileSystemLinkResolver.java:81)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem.open(DistributedFileSystem.java:296)

        at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.open(FileSystem.java:764)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.hs.KilledHistoryService$FlagFileHandler.buildJobIndexInfo(KilledHistoryService.java:196)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.hs.KilledHistoryService$FlagFileHandler.access$100(KilledHistoryService.java:85)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.hs.KilledHistoryService$FlagFileHandler$1.run(KilledHistoryService.java:128)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.hs.KilledHistoryService$FlagFileHandler$1.run(KilledHistoryService.java:125)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1548)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.hs.KilledHistoryService$FlagFileHandler.run(KilledHistoryService.java:125)

Has anyone ran into this before?

Thanks,
-Matt

Re: yarn jobhistory server not displaying all jobs

Posted by Matt K <ma...@gmail.com>.
I found the root cause. Sharing in case someone else runs into this issue.
I'm running Yarn, Hadoop 2.3.

The reason the jobs weren’t showing up in JobHistoryServer had to do with
how we submit jobs. If the same job is submitted via “hadoop jar …”
everything works fine. But if the job is submitted via “java –cp … “ which
is what we are doing, the job runs fine and all, but doesn’t make it to
JobHistoryServer.

The difference there is the classpath. When I added `hadoop classpath` to
our class path, the jobs started to show up.

There is definitely a bug in error handling, since there were no errors or
warnings in any of hadoop logs, but clearly there's a class required on the
client-side that was missing. I haven't tried tracking down the missing
jar/class.

-Matt

Posted by Matt K <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matt K <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matt K <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matt K <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ravi! This helps.

Posted by Matt K <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ravi! This helps.

Posted by Matt K <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ravi! This helps.

Posted by Matt K <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ravi! This helps.

Posted by Ravi Prakash <ra...@ymail.com>.
Hi Matt!

[...]

2015-01-23 03:41:40,003 WARN org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.hs.KilledHistoryService: Could not process job filesorg.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException(org.apache.hadoop.security.authorize.AuthorizationException): User: hadoop is not allowed to impersonate hadoop        at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client.call(Client.java:1409)        at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client.call(Client.java:1362)        at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Invoker.invoke(ProtobufRpcEngine.java:206)        at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy9.getBlockLocations(Unknown Source)        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor18.invoke(Unknown Source)        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)        at org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invokeMethod(RetryInvocationHandler.java:186)        at org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invoke(RetryInvocationHandler.java:102)        at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy9.getBlockLocations(Unknown Source)        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocolPB.ClientNamenodeProtocolTranslatorPB.getBlockLocations(ClientNamenodeProtocolTranslatorPB.java:219)        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient.callGetBlockLocations(DFSClient.java:1137)        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient.getLocatedBlocks(DFSClient.java:1127)        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient.getLocatedBlocks(DFSClient.java:1117)        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSInputStream.fetchLocatedBlocksAndGetLastBlockLength(DFSInputStream.java:264)        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSInputStream.openInfo(DFSInputStream.java:231)        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSInputStream.<init>(DFSInputStream.java:224)        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient.open(DFSClient.java:1290)        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem$3.doCall(DistributedFileSystem.java:300)        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem$3.doCall(DistributedFileSystem.java:296)        at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystemLinkResolver.resolve(FileSystemLinkResolver.java:81)        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem.open(DistributedFileSystem.java:296)        at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.open(FileSystem.java:764)        at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.hs.KilledHistoryService$FlagFileHandler.buildJobIndexInfo(KilledHistoryService.java:196)        at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.hs.KilledHistoryService$FlagFileHandler.access$100(KilledHistoryService.java:85)        at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.hs.KilledHistoryService$FlagFileHandler$1.run(KilledHistoryService.java:128)        at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.hs.KilledHistoryService$FlagFileHandler$1.run(KilledHistoryService.java:125)        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)        at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:415)        at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1548)        at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.hs.KilledHistoryService$FlagFileHandler.run(KilledHistoryService.java:125)        at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:555)        at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:505)