Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Bill Tutt <bi...@microsoft.com> on 2001/02/01 23:59:56 UTC

Re: GUI diffs and merges

If someone could spend the effort to generate a platform neutral visual diff
data computation, the UI client writers would find it much easier spend the
effort of rendering the computed data!

(aka, I doubt Mark or I will get to this unless other folks help pitch in)

I guess this means I should add the idea to the STACK. :)

Knowing I won't,
Bill

Re: GUI diffs and merges

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.
Bill Tutt wrote:

> If someone could spend the effort to generate a platform neutral visual diff
> data computation, the UI client writers would find it much easier spend the
> effort of rendering the computed data!

Platform-neutral we've got, also portable and quite easily parsable. The
tool that gnerates this data is called "diff" ... :-)

Oh, you want it pre-parsed.

> (aka, I doubt Mark or I will get to this unless other folks help pitch in)
>
> I guess this means I should add the idea to the STACK. :)

No, ideas go into IDEAS. :-)

--
Brane �ibej
    home:   <br...@xbc.nu>             http://www.xbc.nu/brane/