Posted to dev@wink.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2014/06/15 00:50:22 UTC

GPL license in Wink?

Hi,

I checked out the 1.4.0 version of Wink from the Apache SVN, and was surprised
to see in the LICENSE file in the apache-wink/binarydist folder, included the
GPL v2 license.

Does this imply that one or more components in the binary distribution are
licensed under the GPL v2?

Is it the case that the components licensed under the GPL v2 are also licensed
under some other license (e.g., Apache v2 or CDDL v1.0) and the user gets to
pick which one to use?

Thanks for clarifying.

-Marshall Schor

Re: GPL license in Wink?

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Jun 14, 2014 at 3:50 PM, Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I checked out the 1.4.0 version of Wink from the Apache SVN, and was
> surprised
> to see in the LICENSE file in the apache-wink/binarydist folder, included
> the
> GPL v2 license.
>
> Does this imply that one or more components in the binary distribution are
> licensed under the GPL v2?
>
> Is it the case that the components licensed under the GPL v2 are also
> licensed
> under some other license (e.g., Apache v2 or CDDL v1.0) and the user gets
> pick which one to use?
>
> Thanks for clarifying.
>
> -Marshall Schor

JAXB is dual licensed (CDDL v1.1. and GPL v2) https://jaxb.java.net/.
That's why you see GPL there, but I'll double check we can document and
probably only leave only CDDL v1.1.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende