Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Prakrati Agrawal <Pr...@mu-sigma.com> on 2012/06/04 09:47:14 UTC

Getting error on adding seed to add a new node

Dear all,

I am trying to add a new node to my existing one node Cassandra. So I edited the seeds value in the cassandra.yaml and added the ip addresses of both the nodes. But its giving me the following error:

ERROR 13:16:48,342 Fatal configuration error error
while parsing a block mapping
 in "<reader>", line 164, column 13:
              - seeds: "162.192.100.16","162.192 ...
                ^
expected <block end>, but found FlowEntry
 in "<reader>", line 164, column 36:
              - seeds: "162.192.100.16","162.192.100.48"
                                       ^

Please help me.
Thanks and Regards

Prakrati Agrawal | Developer - Big Data(I&D)| 9731648376 | www.mu-sigma.com

________________________________
This email message may contain proprietary, private and confidential information. The information transmitted is intended only for the person(s) or entities to which it is addressed. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be illegal. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the message from your system.

Mu Sigma takes all reasonable steps to ensure that its electronic communications are free from viruses. However, given Internet accessibility, the Company cannot accept liability for any virus introduced by this e-mail or any attachment and you are advised to use up-to-date virus checking software.

Re: Getting error on adding seed to add a new node

Posted by Pushpalanka Jayawardhana <pu...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

As it is said in cassandra.yaml, you need to define it as # Ex: *"*
<ip1>,<ip2>,<ip3>*"* whole list as one String.

--
Pushpalanka Jayawardhana | Undergraduate | Computer Science and Engineering
University of Moratuwa

+94779716248 | http://pushpalankajaya.blogspot.com

Twitter: http://twitter.com/Pushpalanka | Slideshare:
http://www.slideshare.net/Pushpalanka