Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by oliver clement <Ol...@igh.cnrs.fr> on 2004/07/19 12:08:01 UTC

[Design pbm]How can I Customize SVGShape

Hello,

I'm starting to play with the Graphics2D capabilities of batik.
The API i'm working on enables objects to be serialized into XML via a
toXML() method defined in an interface called Taggable
and I'd like to be able to customize the way batik converts 2D objects
to SVG in a way such as it could include my XML content into the SVG
groups.

Lets say I use a CustomRectangle defining the paint(Graphics g) method,
associated with an a A object implementing Taggable.
The thing i'd like to obtain would be :

<g fill="lime" stroke="lime">

 <rect x="284341" width="471" y="245" height="10" stroke="none" />

  <a name="ect" attr1="value1" xmlns="myNameSpace">
   <.../>
  </a>

</g>

What should I do, subclass or redefine the SVGShapes, play with the
domGroupManager or create an extensioHandler ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Oliver

Re: [Design pbm]How can I Customize SVGShape

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.
Hi Oliver,

    You want to implement an extension handler:

http://xml.apache.org/batik/extendingBatik.html#customXMLTags

    You might also want to look at the code in batik.extension.svg
In particular the classes:

BatikStarElement, BatikStarElementBridge, BatikDomExtension &
BatikBridgeExtension.