Posted to discuss@apachecon.com by Derek Ferguson <de...@xb.com> on 2002/09/05 20:21:20 UTC

Still happening in November?

Is the conference still happening in November?  Is it a certainty?

Derek Ferguson
Chief Technology Evangelist, Expand Beyond Corp.
derek@xb.com -- http://www.xb.com
Mobile Software for IT Systems Management

Re: Still happening in November?

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.
Mike Whitaker wrote:

> > If you've been accepted as a speaker, your deadline is 10 October 2002.
>
> *grin* That's one of the dates I was rather needing to know. Merci.

You could have asked the faqtoid on the #apache channel:

   <RoUS> : faqtoid: deadlines?
<faqtoid> : deadlines are 10 October 2002 for session notes and
            handouts, and also for tutorial notes and handouts

*grin* right back at you..
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Re: Still happening in November?

Posted by Mike Whitaker <mi...@altrion.org>.

Mike Whitaker    | Tel: +44 1733 327545 | Work: mike@cricinfo.com
System Architect | Fax: +44 1733 571960 | Home: mike@altrion.org
CricInfo Ltd     | GSM: +44 7971 977375 | Web: http://www.cricinfo.com/

Re: Still happening in November?

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.
Mike Whitaker wrote:

> Should speakers have had further details yet? I'm mildly
> concerned I might have inadveterntly misfiled a mail...

No, you haven't missed anything; we're hammering out the final
details on the speaker agreement now.

If you've been accepted as a speaker, your deadline is 10 October 2002.
We need notes and handouts, in PPT or PDF form, by then.  'Notes'
are the slides, viewgraphs, or other visual aids you'll be projecting;
'handouts' are much more involved, being a prose description of the
content of your presentation.  The handout needs to be complete
enough that someone who gets yours without actually being in the
session can get almost as good an understanding as if it *had* been
able to attend.
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Re: Still happening in November?

Posted by Mike Whitaker <mi...@altrion.org>.

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.

Posted by Sally Khudairi <sa...@yahoo.com>.
Hello Derek,

Thank you for your message.

Yes, ApacheCon 2002 is definitely taking place 18-21
November in Las Vegas. Registration is now open at
http://www.apachecon.com/2002/US/index.html

We look forward to seeing you there!

- Sally

http://finance.yahoo.com