Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Peng Xiao <25...@qq.com> on 2017/10/19 08:50:37 UTC

split one DC from a cluster

Hi,
We want to split one DC from a cluster and make this DC a new cluster(rename this DC to a new cluster name).
Could you please advise?

Thanks,
Peng Xiao

回复: split one DC from a cluster

Posted by Peng Xiao <25...@qq.com>.
Thanks Kurt,we may will still use snapshot and sstableloader to split this schema to another cluster.

Easiest way is to separate them via firewall/network partition so the DC's can't talk to each other, ensure each DC sees the other DC as DOWN, then remove the other DC from replication, then remove all the nodes in the opposite DC using removenode.​

Re: split one DC from a cluster