Posted to docs@cocoon.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au> on 2003/03/27 08:49:48 UTC

Re: Forrest documentation tabs

Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Diana Shannon a écrit:
> > Jeff Turner wrote:
> >

> >>  - Someone needs to decide how to use the tabs.  ...
> >
> > I think the community needs to decide this, not any individual.
> > Again, it's been discussed by some of us already across
> > different threads....
>
> IMHO waiting for community consensus on such things often slows
> things down.
> I don't think it's such a big thing as to require a vote.
>
> Having visible changes in the docs makes it easier to get feedback,
> much more efficient than long discussions that often send people back
> to waiting mode.
>
> Don't get me wrong, I'm not against community decisions, it's just that
> we have to find a balance and there is a big need for *action* in the
> docs department right now, there is some momentum and we have to do our
> best to keep it.

We can also consider "action and fix later" to be a
community decision. The changes in cvs can be enhanced
or rolled back if the community does not like it.
Just vote when big disruptive changes are needed.

> Release early, release often - I think this should apply to the docs as
> well as the code, CVS is here to fix things when needed.
>
> My 2 swiss centimes.

Plus my 2 Australian cents ... if that registers against
your valuable expenditure :-)

--David