Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by lubosp <po...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/25 05:12:26 UTC

How do I dynamically populate TreeTable nodes

I use extensions TreeTable and populating the all nodes is quite expensive.
So I would like to display initially only first level of the nodes and keep
the nodes with children collapsed. Only if they are getting expanded, I
would populate the children of the currently expanded node. I have hard time
figuring it out just from javadoc. Is there a way to do that for TreeTable
or do I have to populate all tree nodes when I display the TreeTable even if
the nodes with children are collapsed.

Re: How do I dynamically populate TreeTable nodes

Posted by Matej Knopp <ma...@gmail.com>.
It's about how you implement the TreeModel. You need to roll your own
TreeNode implementation that loads the children lazily when then
children() method is called. That way you don't have to populate the
whole tree upfront.

-Matej