Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Rick Reumann <ma...@reumann.net> on 2002/08/30 19:56:30 UTC

Re[2]: [VOTE] Should this list discontinue it's long,treasured herit age of "relaxed fridays"?

On Friday, August 30, 2002, 1:47:41 PM, Tony wrote:

HT>  Not only do excessive e-mails flood inboxes they also pollute
HT> mail archive including the search results.

    Actually that's the one thing that hurts the most I believe about
    the off topic posts. Granted if you search on "validator" you
    shouldn't end up with search results back on "Why Guiness is
    better than Bass Ale" but you never know... plus the extra posts
    in the database I'm sure make it take longer to search. As it is I
    find using the Struts archives are real chore. Actually my first
    choice would be have a better search tool for the archives (if
    that's possible) and then have the plethora of off-topic posts ...
    prefaced with an [OT] subject line of course.

    OT plug: The Bat rules as far as powerful e-mail clients go. Check
    it out some time. http://www.ritlabs.com/the_bat/index.html
    Probably the most powerful client out there for filtering e-mails.

--

Rick
mailto:maillist@reumann.net