Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Gary Purnomosidi <ga...@sequislife.com> on 2006/11/01 07:41:05 UTC

Javolution support?

Re: Javolution support?

Posted by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com>.
>>  ZK framework  +

Finally, someone using ZK.  Good for you.  ZK rocks and doesn't get enough
credit.

>> but my code using extensive java collection like
>> List,HashMap,etc.

These are fast enough for all but real-time applications.

>>For example, a database query that resulting in large results (large

Don't load large result sets.  :-)

>> might crash the java vm on the server if there are many user trying to
>> perform search from db at same time (I'm really worry about this).

Your server will not crash because the collection classes are too slow.  It
WILL crash if you run out of memory if you load too much data.  No
collection short of a magic BagOfHoldingList will save you (yeah!  D&D
reference!  rawk!).

>> There are 2 possible solutions that i really  think  to solve this
problem:

There's a third and possibly a fourth.

>> 1. Using Javolution instead of ordinary java collection (free)
>> 2. Using terracotta jvm clustering (but this is not free solution)

3.  Don't load so much data that it will crash your server.
4.  Buy massive amounts of RAM.

Don't cluster a JVM....look up how Google achieves massive scalability...you
likely won't find clustering software.  ;-)

Hope that helps.

Clinton

Re: Javolution support?

Posted by Michael Campbell <mi...@gmail.com>.
Gary,

I saw your post on the ibatis list and was wondering if I could talk
to you a little about ZK.

Re: Javolution support?

Posted by Gary Purnomosidi <ga...@sequislife.com>.

Re: Javolution support?