Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Nozomi Kurihara <nk...@yahoo-corp.jp> on 2019/02/27 08:33:38 UTC

[DISCUSSION] Creating new repository for node.js client

Hi all,

Currently we(Yahoo Japan) are developing node.js client by wrapping C++ client.

I think it's nice to create another git repository for node.js client like "apache/pulsar-client-node" in order to avoid making "apache/pulsar" too big.

Do you have any ideas of the policy for creating/maintaining orgs and repositories?

Best Regards,

Nozomi

Re: [DISCUSSION] Creating new repository for node.js client

Posted by Jia Zhai <zh...@apache.org>.
👍

Posted by Nozomi Kurihara <nk...@yahoo-corp.jp>.
Thanks for enabling Github issues!

Nozomi

________________________________

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nozomi,

Posted by Nozomi Kurihara <nk...@yahoo-corp.jp>.

Posted by Nozomi Kurihara <nk...@yahoo-corp.jp>.

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ali Ahmed <ah...@gmail.com>.
I am in favor of a separate repo. I have seen rocketmq do it well

https://github.com/apache/rocketmq-client-cpp
https://github.com/apache/rocketmq-client-python
https://github.com/apache/rocketmq-client-go
https://github.com/apache/rocketmq-client-nodejs

-Ali

--
-Ali

RE: [DISCUSSION] Creating new repository for node.js client

Posted by Nozomi Kurihara <nk...@yahoo-corp.jp>.
FYI