Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> on 2015/05/17 07:51:11 UTC

[Discuss] The Login page titles are too long

Hi Devs,

Apologies for bringing this up at the last minute, but I think we need to
refine the titles we have put on the Login page:

IMO we should either use a simple text such as "Welcome to Apache Stratos"
on the top or keep it blank. I think the Sign in text: "Sign in to continue
to Apache Stratos" is also too long. Please see few examples below:

​

​

Thanks

--
Imesh Gunaratne

Senior Technical Lead, WSO2
Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos

Re: [Discuss] The Login page titles are too long

Posted by Dinithi De Silva <di...@wso2.com>.
+1 for the login.

--
*Dinithi De Silva*
Associate Software Engineer, WSO2 Inc.

Posted by Anuruddha Liyanarachchi <an...@wso2.com>.
+1 for the new login.

Posted by Pubudu Gunatilaka <pu...@wso2.com>.
+1 for the change

Posted by Vishanth Balasubramaniam <vi...@wso2.com>.
+1 for this change. Looks great now.

On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 5:43 PM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks Dakshika! I have now redesigned the Login page as below:
>

> Changes done:
>
>    - Created a new master page by removing the white header which
>    included the logo.
>    - Added the logo ​with a transparent background on the top of the
>    login dialog.
>    - Changed login text to "Log in to your account".
>    - Removed the header text which was there earlier.
>
> Please send in your feedback.
>
> Thanks
>
> On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 11:58 AM, Vishanth Balasubramaniam <
> vishanthb@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Dakshika,
>>
>> In the Login page, on "Sign in" button click with invalid password, the
>> error is shown properly. But on "Enter" key press with invalid password,
>> the error is prompted and hidden in the UI.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Vishanth
>>
>> On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 11:57 AM, Vishanth Balasubramaniam <
>> vishanthb@wso2.com> wrote:
>>
>>> +1 for keeping it short

>>> --
>>> *Vishanth Balasubramaniam*
>>> Software Engineer
>>> WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.com
>>> lean.enterprise.middleware
>>>
>>> mobile: *+94771737718*
>>> about me: *http://about.me/vishanth <http://about.me/vishanth>*
>>>

>> --
>> *Vishanth Balasubramaniam*
>> Software Engineer
>> WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.com
>> lean.enterprise.middleware
>>
>> mobile: *+94771737718*
>> about me: *http://about.me/vishanth <http://about.me/vishanth>*
>>

> --
> Imesh Gunaratne
>
> Senior Technical Lead, WSO2

*Vishanth Balasubramaniam*
Software Engineer
WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.com

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
vishanthb@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Dakshika,
>
> In the Login page, on "Sign in" button click with invalid password, the
> error is shown properly. But on "Enter" key press with invalid password,
> the error is prompted and hidden in the UI.

I just fixed this problem. The issue was that the validate method was being
invoked by the both key up and enter key press events.

Thanks

Posted by Vishanth Balasubramaniam <vi...@wso2.com>.
Hi Dakshika,

Posted by Vishanth Balasubramaniam <vi...@wso2.com>.
+1 for keeping it short

wrote:

> +1 to have 'Welcome to Apache Stratos" & "Log in to your account"
>
> *Dakshika Jayathilaka*
> PMC Member & Committer of Apache Stratos
> Senior Software Engineer
> WSO2, Inc.
> lean.enterprise.middleware
> 0771100911
>
> On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 11:21 AM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Devs,
>>
>> Apologies for bringing this up at the last minute, but I think we need to
>> refine the titles we have put on the Login page:
>>

>> IMO we should either use a simple text such as "Welcome to Apache
>> Stratos" on the top or keep it blank. I think the Sign in text: "Sign in to
>> continue to Apache Stratos" is also too long. Please see few examples below:
>>

>> ​
>>

>> ​
>>

>> Thanks
>>
>> --