Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Don Hill <ju...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/28 15:18:13 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: httpd mod_jk cluster

What I really want to know is there a better design that I should use to
gain performance. for example

1.) create multiple HTTPD servers, 2 servers per machine. Each serving 2
tomcats JVM
2.) use load balancer in workers to handle the load balance to the JVM's.
The current configuration is balancing through the vhosts and each vhost has
a worker for a JVM instance.

Re: [users@httpd] Re: httpd mod_jk cluster

Posted by Don Hill <ju...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your input

Posted by Jeroen Geilman <je...@adaptr.nl>.
On 12/28/10 3:18 PM, Don Hill wrote:
> What I really want to know is there a better design that I should use
> to gain performance.

Umm.. switch to using mod_proxy_ajp, as the apache documentation suggests ?

It offers a binary interface and much improved speed.

> for example
>
> 1.) create multiple HTTPD servers, 2 servers per machine. Each serving
> 2 tomcats JVM

Why ?