Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Thomas Mäder <th...@devotek-it.ch> on 2009/02/16 12:04:09 UTC

Wicket meetup in Switzerland?

Hi Folks,

I would be willing to organize a Wicket meetup in Switzerland if there is
enough interest. I propose a meeting somewhere in Zürich. The format I
imagine is that participants could (don't have to) shortly (15-20min.)
present their work with Wicket (demos are always nice). That would be
followed by general mingling with drinks & snacks.
For the date, I would shoot for the week starting March 16, 17:30-20:30h.
Would you be interested in participating in/hosting/sponsoring such a thing?
Either reply here or to me privately, and if there is enough interest, I'll
set up a thing on the wiki.

Thomas

--
Thomas Mäder
Wicket & Eclipse Consulting

Re: Wicket meetup in Switzerland?

Posted by Sergey Didenko <se...@gmail.com>.
As I understand there are a lot of wicket users from all around the world.

What about scheduled video podcasts?

They are much more affordable for everyone.

Re: Wicket meetup in Switzerland?

Posted by Nino Martinez <ni...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the invitation. Chances are slim (im not at jayway anymore)
but you never know :)

Regards Nino

Posted by Nino Martinez <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nino Martinez <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vitaly Tsaplin <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi there,

I would propose to meet in Geneva!! ;)

Vitaly

Posted by jWeekend <jw...@cabouge.com>.
Thomas,

Posted by Thomas Mäder <th...@devotek-it.ch>.
Hello everyone,

I wasn't trying to whine, it just appears that a community-style meetup like
I had in mind is not going to fly in the Zürich region. Since I'm just a
lowly contractor, I don't really have the means to organize anything more
formal, with speakers and such (and keep it going). I would have thought it
interesting to learn what people in the region are doing with wicket. If I
can think of a new way to bring the community together, I'll try again.

cheers

Thomas

--
Wicket & Eclipse Consulting
www.devotek-it.ch

Re: Wicket meetup in Switzerland?

Posted by nino martinez wael <ni...@gmail.com>.
On the otherhand his complains got us to answer.... :)

Posted by Martin Funk <ma...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by nino martinez wael <ni...@gmail.com>.
Ahhh.. :)

Posted by Francisco Diaz Trepat - gmail <fr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nino Martinez <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Francisco Diaz Trepat - gmail <fr...@gmail.com>.
First of all, could this be the coolest list ever?
May be because Nino is on it.

I would love to be in driving distance but Bs. As. is too far... Though
starting to beg my boss for a quick trip (as we work for a Zürich based
company)...

We could have one here, and extend our invitation to all, specially Nino,

Posted by Piller Sébastien <pi...@hmcrecord.ch>.

swiss german is another language, and far not a trivial one :)

Posted by Thomas Mäder <th...@devotek-it.ch>.
Schwizertütsch rules, of course!

;-) Thomas

Or we could hold a meeting in Canadian french, calisse!

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Piller Sébastien <pi...@hmcrecord.ch>.
Hi,

I'm not against this, but the language is a problem, I don't speak
german very well.

If it could be in french, I'd subscribe to it ;)

Posted by nino martinez wael <ni...@gmail.com>.
Sad to see, im always interested.. However it's a looong drive from denmark
:(

Posted by Thomas Mäder <th...@devotek-it.ch>.

--
Wicket & Eclipse Consulting