Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Katie Wilkie <Ka...@gtnet.com> on 2005/04/08 11:45:33 UTC

Problems deploying Jetspeed2 into Jboss 3.2.7

Hi,

I'm having problems deploying Jetspeed2 into Jboss 3.2.7. I followed all of
the instructions on the wiki using a binary distribution of J2 M2. The first
time I tried to start Jboss I received errors about the database version
being out of date. I removed the hsqldb.1.7.1 jar from the servers lib
directory and replaced it with the original hsqldb jar which came with the
Jboss installation. Now when I start up Jboss, it gets so far and then
sticks when trying to deploy J2. The Jboss output sticks here:

10:36:04,899 INFO  [TomcatDeployer] deploy, ctxPath=/jetspeed,
warUrl=file:/C:/jboss/server/gtx/deploy/jetspeed.war
/
10:36:06,446 INFO  [ContextConfig] WARNING: Security role name admin used in
an <auth-constraint> without being defined in a <security-
role>
10:36:06,508 INFO  [console] Jetspeed Starting Initialization...
10:36:06,540 INFO  [console] JetspeedServlet identifying web application
root...
10:36:06,555 INFO  [console] JetspeedServlet identifed web application root
as C:\jboss\server\gtx\deploy\jetspeed.
war\
10:36:06,946 INFO  [console] JetspeedServlet attempting to create the
portlet engine...
10:36:06,977 INFO  [Jetspeed] Jetspeed environment attempting to initialize
portal Engine...
10:36:10,633 INFO  [STDOUT]  INFO: Starting auto deployment service:
org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.impl.StandardDeploymentManager
10:36:10,633 INFO  [STDOUT]  INFO: Deployment scanning delay: 10000
10:36:10,633 INFO  [STDOUT]  INFO: Deployment staging directory:
C:\jboss\server\gtx\deploy\jetspeed.war/WEB-INF/de
ploy
10:36:10,633 INFO  [STDOUT]  INFO: Adding
file:/C:/jboss/server/gtx/deploy/jetspeed.war/WEB-INF/apps/jetspeed-layou
ts/WEB-INF/classes/ to class path for Local PA jetspeed-layouts
10:36:10,633 INFO  [STDOUT]  INFO: Adding
file:/C:/jboss/server/gtx/deploy/jetspeed.war/WEB-INF/apps/jetspeed-layou
ts/WEB-INF/lib/portals-bridges-velocity-0.2.jar to class path for Local PA
jetspeed-layouts

The J2 deployment log shows:

2005-04-08 10:36:10,633 [main] INFO  deployment - Starting auto deployment
service: org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.impl.StandardDeploymentManager
2005-04-08 10:36:10,633 [main] INFO  deployment - Deployment scanning delay:
10000
2005-04-08 10:36:10,633 [main] INFO  deployment - Deployment staging
directory: C:\jboss\server\gtx\deploy\jetspeed.war/WEB-INF/deploy
2005-04-08 10:36:10,633 [main] INFO  deployment - Adding
file:/C:/jboss/server/gtx/deploy/jetspeed.war/WEB-INF/apps/jetspeed-layouts/
WEB-INF/classes/ to class path for Local PA jetspeed-layouts
2005-04-08 10:36:10,633 [main] INFO  deployment - Adding
file:/C:/jboss/server/gtx/deploy/jetspeed.war/WEB-INF/apps/jetspeed-layouts/
WEB-INF/lib/portals-bridges-velocity-0.2.jar to class path for Local PA
jetspeed-layouts

And the last few entries of the J2 log are:

2005-04-08 10:36:10,540 [main] INFO
org.apache.jetspeed.profiler.impl.JetspeedProfilerImpl - Merging OJB
respository
jar:file:/C:/jboss/server/gtx/deploy/jetspeed.war/WEB-INF/lib/jetspeed-profi
ler-2.0-M2.jar!/META-INF/profiler-ojb.xml for DAO class
org.apache.jetspeed.profiler.impl.JetspeedProfilerImpl
2005-04-08 10:36:10,571 [main] INFO
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory -
Creating shared instance of singleton bean
'org.apache.jetspeed.sso.SSOProvider'
2005-04-08 10:36:10,571 [main] INFO
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory -
Creating shared instance of singleton bean 'PersistenceBrokerSSOProvider'
2005-04-08 10:36:10,586 [main] INFO
org.apache.jetspeed.sso.impl.PersistenceBrokerSSOProvider - Merging OJB
respository
jar:file:/C:/jboss/server/gtx/deploy/jetspeed.war/WEB-INF/lib/jetspeed-sso-2
.0-M2.jar!/META-INF/sso_repository.xml for DAO class
org.apache.jetspeed.sso.impl.PersistenceBrokerSSOProvider
2005-04-08 10:36:10,602 [main] INFO
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory -
Creating shared instance of singleton bean
'org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.servletcontainer.ApplicationServerManag
er'
2005-04-08 10:36:10,618 [main] INFO
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory -
Creating shared instance of singleton bean 'deploymentManager'
2005-04-08 10:36:10,618 [main] INFO
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory -
Creating shared instance of singleton bean 'portletAppDeploymentListener'
2005-04-08 10:36:10,618 [main] INFO
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory -
Creating shared instance of singleton bean 'decoratorDeploymentListener'
2005-04-08 10:36:10,665 [main] INFO
org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.JdbcTransactionObjectSupport - JDBC 3.0
Savepoint class is available

This one is really confusing me so I would appreciate any pointers you might
have.

Many thanks.

Katie.

This email (and any attachments) is private and confidential, and is intended
solely for the addressee. If you have received this communication in error
please remove it and inform us via telephone or email.

Although we take all possible steps to ensure mail and attachments are free
from malicious content, malware and viruses, we cannot accept any responsibility
whatsoever for any changes to content outwith our administrative bounds.

The views represented within this mail are solely the view of the
author and do not reflect the views of Graham Technology as a whole.

Re: Problems deploying Jetspeed2 into Jboss 3.2.7

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
Katie,

I'm not sure which instruction you've followed from the wiki for installing on
JBoss as its becoming a very complex set for all the different versions of JBoss
and J2 (M1 and/or M2). I think Tom Pesendorfer has done a great job in trying to
describe all the possible issues and resolutions, but I find it difficult to check
if its complete and valid.

I hope to add streamlined installation instructions for JBoss to the main documentation
(or update/cleanup the wiki) later this month (one of my major targets for J2-M3).

For now, I'd like to point you out the instructions I added to the end of the
JIRA issue JS2-210: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-210.
I wrote those when I tested the new deployment model on JBoss and is valid for
the current M2 release.

In your logging below, I can't find anything wrong (its only INFO level messages)
and looks as you should expect. So if it isn't working (and you can't resolve it
by following my instructions from JS2-210) please give a more detailed description
of what is *not* working and/or error log messages.

Good luck, Ate

Re: J2M2 Profiling Rules

Posted by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net>.
A few clarifications:

>> 2) group.user.role
>>
> profile one of user, role, or group, (user is almost always defined
> and normally is chosen).

-- group or role are selected from request parameters by the same name,
otherwise user is selected.

>> 3) path.session
>>
> appends the request path to the profiling path

-- or in the case of the '/' path, as session attribute with the
specifed name is used.

>> 4) request.session
>>
> appends the request path or request parameter path

-- a request parameter or session attribute with the specified name is
used if specified.

For all of the gritty details, see the rules sources in
components/profiler/src/java/o/a/j/profiler/rules/impl.

Randy

Re: J2M2 Profiling Rules

Posted by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net>.
Frank,

Understood. Should work. The Filter approach might be better since
getting the HTTP Host request attribute, mapping it to a request
parameter, and using 'request.session' is probably simple enough
depending on what you have already implemented with your site. Depends
if you are comfortable extending J2 or not!

Randy

RE: J2M2 Profiling Rules

Posted by Frank Villarreal <f_...@tetco.com>.
Thanks Randy.