Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Peter Kahn <ci...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/23 20:20:13 UTC

Where did the 2nd level of maven java compiler error information go when I updated to java7?

Hi all,

Is there a java7 - maven comparability problem with error details/xlint?
 Compile error details vanished when I updated to use java7.
 I'm wondering if something related to encoding or structure that's causing
the problem.  I'm using a tiny quickstart project to explore the problem.

With Java 6 and maven I get the following:

[ERROR] COMPILATION ERROR :
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] warntest/src/main/java/com/attivio/foo/App.java:[9,1] cannot
find symbol*symbol  : class DoesNotExistType
location: class com.foo.App*

With Java 7 and I get less (missing the details about the symbol which
can't be found)

ERROR] COMPILATION ERROR :
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] warntest/src/main/java/com/attivio/foo/App.java:[9,1] error:
cannot find symbol
[INFO] 1 error

If I obtain the command line for javac via "mvn -X" and execute that I can
see the full details.

Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks

Peter

Related:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11616066/where-did-the-2nd-level-of-maven-java-compiler-error-information-go-when-i-updat

--
Peter Kahn
citizenkahn@gmail.com

Re: Where did the 2nd level of maven java compiler error information go when I updated to java7?

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> Is there a java7 - maven comparability problem with error details/xlint?
>  Compile error details vanished when I updated to use java7.

Yes, its a known bug:
 http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MCOMPILER-158

Wayne