Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Daniel Khodabakhsh <da...@macrohealth.com> on 2020/10/06 23:55:47 UTC

Provenance is intermittently blank when `nifi.provenance.repository.compress.on.rollover` is set to `true`

Hello,

I occasionally get an issue with the provenance not showing up in the UI and via API. Made sure all my permissions are setup correctly and I can sometimes see the provenance so I don't think it's a policy/permissions issue.

Seems like turning `nifi.provenance.repository.compress.on.rollover` to `false` fixes the issue.

Created a bug on Nifi's JIRA board: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-7893

Cheers,
Daniel Khodabakhsh
Senior Software Engineer
[signature_1754740489]

Intelligent Health Markets (c)

Re: Provenance is intermittently blank when `nifi.provenance.repository.compress.on.rollover` is set to `true`

Posted by Mark Payne <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Daniel,

Thanks for reporting this. This appears to be the same issue as is reported in NIFI-7856 [1]. I closed NIFI-7893 as a duplicate.

The good news is that looking at the logs that you provided, along with the logs in NIFI-7893 was helpful. I was able to create a flow that very consistently replicates the issue. I should have a PR up to fix the issue soon.

Thanks!
-Mark

On Oct 6, 2020, at 7:55 PM, Daniel Khodabakhsh <da...@macrohealth.com>> wrote:

Hello,

I occasionally get an issue with the provenance not showing up in the UI and via API. Made sure all my permissions are setup correctly and I can sometimes see the provenance so I don’t think it’s a policy/permissions issue.

Seems like turning `nifi.provenance.repository.compress.on.rollover` to `false` fixes the issue.

Created a bug on Nifi’s JIRA board: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-7893

Cheers,
Daniel Khodabakhsh
Senior Software Engineer