Posted to dev@sis.apache.org by Martin Desruisseaux <ma...@geomatys.com> on 2016/05/13 17:49:54 UTC

ApacheCon action: new mailing list

Hello all

The ApacheCon Big Data conference is now over. We had a "geospatial
track" with talks from peoples having geospatial aspects in their
project (thanks to George Parcivall for making that happen). The talks
were followed by a more informal meeting about how to increase
collaboration between geospatial projects at Apache. One action taken
has been to create a mailing list where peoples can ask questions or
discuss about geospatial things that are not specific to a particular
project (for example "How can I define a Coordinate Reference System in
Well Known Text format for my building?") - thanks to Sergio Fernandez
for taking this initiative. I would also use that list for reports from
OGC meeting, and I presume that we would use it for organization of
other geospatial events. To subscribe to that list, on can send an email to:

    geospatial-subscribe@apache.org

Martin