Posted to dev@tez.apache.org by Bikas Saha <bi...@hortonworks.com> on 2014/08/26 22:24:15 UTC

Update for 0.5.0 RC3

Folks,

Looks like we need a breaking change for RC3 due to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEZ-1500.

At this point, by looking at CHANGES.txt and git log, other than TEZ-1360,
the rest of the changes look like useful bug fixes. TEZ-1360 seems like a
useful and simple API addition that should not break anything.

At this point, I am considering getting rid of the existing 0.5 branches
and branching off fresh from master, thereby including all the bug-fixes.
If anyone has questions/comments/concerns then please respond to this
email. I will be committing the relevant blocking jiras to master and
creating a new RC tomorrow according to the above plan (barring new
regressions).

Thanks

Bikas

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Update for 0.5.0 RC3

Posted by Siddharth Seth <ss...@apache.org>.
+1 for pulling everything in, and re-creating the branches.

Re: Update for 0.5.0 RC3

Posted by Siddharth Seth <ss...@apache.org>.