Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by IndianAtTech <In...@gmail.com> on 2004/10/18 17:57:09 UTC

XERCES Vs XALAN

 Hi All,

1. I would like to know the differences between  Xalan Vs Xerces parsers
2. Similarities of Xerces with Xalan.
3. How JAXP  can be integrated with Xalan/erces Parsers
4. What is the default API used by API?? It it Xerces/Xalan or any thing else

The reason behind asking this question is, the API that we have
developed using jdk1.4.2 has passed all the test cases on standalone
application. When we try to deploy  the same API on tomcat it  is
raising exceptions at some instances.

Regards
Sudhakar

Re: XERCES Vs XALAN

Posted by Brian Minchau <mi...@ca.ibm.com>.

Your question about doc.toString() is a Xerces question. Please take it to
the appropriate xerces mailing list.

----------
Brian Minchau
XSLT Development, IBM Toronto
e-mail:        minchau@ca.ibm.com

             IndianAtTech
             <IndianAtTech@gma
             il.com>                                                    To
                                       xalan-dev@xml.apache.org
             10/18/2004 12:35                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: XERCES Vs XALAN
             Please respond to
                 xalan-dev

For example

Document  doc =getFromInstance();
doc.toString() is returning the correct Document on standalone

Whereas on tomcat  it is returning null.

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 12:21:45 -0400, Brian Minchau <mi...@ca.ibm.com>
wrote:

> Sudhakar,
>
> 1. Xerces is an XML parser. Xalan is not an XML parser.
> 2.  There is no comparison to be made.
> 3. Xerces is not an XSLT processor. Xalan is an XSLT processor, and it
can
> be invoked through the JAXP API.
> 4. I don't understand the question.
>
> ----------
> Brian Minchau
> XSLT Development, IBM Toronto
> e-mail:        minchau@ca.ibm.com
>
>              IndianAtTech
>              <IndianAtTech@gma
>              il.com>
>                                        xalan-dev@xml.apache.org
>              10/18/2004 11:57
cc
>              AM

Subject

Re: XERCES Vs XALAN

Posted by IndianAtTech <In...@gmail.com>.
For example

Re: XERCES Vs XALAN

Re: XERCES Vs XALAN

Posted by Joseph Kesselman <ke...@us.ibm.com>.

Xerces is an XML parser.

Xalan is an XSLT processor, which by default uses Xerces as its input
stage.