Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Mike Haberman <mi...@ncsa.uiuc.edu> on 2001/07/13 19:43:41 UTC

why do we get the sessionValidator on each request ?

I'm curious why we get the sessionValidator (as well as the
accessController) on each request rather than setting up
the instance during init?  Is it not true that they are indeed
constant during the execution?

mike

Re: why do we get the sessionValidator on each request ?

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 7/13/01 1:15 PM, "Jason van Zyl" <jv...@apache.org> wrote:

> I think You're right, the session validator and access controller need
> to be executed for every request but they don't need to be loaded every
> request.

Bingo.

> With caching on they aren't loaded but they could be loaded just
> once.

Bingo.

> These stages of execution will probably become part of the pipeline
> which we can optimize.

Yup.

-jon

your pain to new levels. --Anonymous

Re: why do we get the sessionValidator on each request ?

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@apache.org>.
On 7/13/01 1:43 PM, "Mike Haberman" <mi...@ncsa.uiuc.edu> wrote:

> I'm curious why we get the sessionValidator (as well as the
> accessController) on each request rather than setting up
> the instance during init?  Is it not true that they are indeed
> constant during the execution?

I think You're right, the session validator and access controller need
to be executed for every request but they don't need to be loaded every
request. With caching on they aren't loaded but they could be loaded just
once.

--

jvz.

Jason van Zyl