Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Kevin Hammond <kh...@home.com> on 2001/11/24 19:48:34 UTC

"Remote Testing" versus "Distributed Testing"

Hi,

I'm a little confused about JMeter remote and/or distributed testing.

The current documentation on the web site describes what sounds like remote
testing (HTTP and other requests are sent from the server instead of the
client).  However, in previous emails Mike talks about about having multiple
JMeter clients running on different client machines that issue requests to
the server.  This is also what I see when starting up the JMeter server and
client: Run --> Remote Start --> (choose a client).

So, where are the actaul server requests being sent from?  The server or
from each remote client?

Thanks,
Kevin Hammond