Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2010/08/06 13:34:18 UTC

Re: maven-release-plugin: Accessing version numbers from custom mojos during a run goal

On 06/08/2010, at 9:12 PM, Mark Derricutt wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I'm wanting to write a mojo to run as part of my release process ( by
> declaring it in the <preparationGoals/> element of the release plugin, but I
> want to know the release version, and the next-release version as used by
> the release plugin.

The release version will be ${project.version} at that point.

> Are these values stored in any system parameters at all?  It doesn't look
> like they're stored in the release.properties file and even if they were, I
> don't like the idea of just assuming this file will exist.

Not in sys properties, but I would have thought they were in release.properties (probably several of them, per module). I'm not sure why you wouldn't be comfortable reading that since it has to be there (it's certainly an implementation leak, but not one that seems likely to change).

Other than that, I think you'd need to change the release plugin to pass them to the preparation goals as a system property (though again there's the difficulty of potentially not being the same for every module).

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org