Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Roy Teeuwen <ro...@teeuwen.be> on 2016/12/04 14:07:59 UTC

Re: Support for model archives

Hey Carsten,

I had a look at the slingshot example that you set up with this. I see that a file slingstart.mar gets created, containing all the jars and model files that are necessary.

Is there a reason that the name is always slingstart.mar, and not for example artifactId-version.mar? Or that it is configureable?
If one would like to use multiple generated mar files and throw them in an install folder, this would get cumbersome seeing as all the files are called slingstart.mar

I also noticed you don't include the actual maven pom inside the mar file, maybe this would be a good addition, seeing as I think standard all archives built with maven contain the pom that it is built with?

Greetings,
Roy

Posted by Roy Teeuwen <ro...@teeuwen.be>.
Hey Carsten,

Okey, I will look for contributing a patch :).

The reason I would personally add the pom.xml is so that you know how the archive was actually built, what dependencies it has, a name and description, maybe some link to documentation to a github from the scm tags.

Greets,
Roy

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Roy Teeuwen wrote