Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Vernon Riley <in...@kutchka.com> on 2002/10/15 22:59:02 UTC

FOUND - Path to Custom mailets in James 2.1a1

Finally answered my own question..

The custom mailets are found correctly by james if they are put into
PHOENIX_HOME/lib ( this is reported by the startup script ) . On my system
for example PHOENIX home is
/projects/james_currentver/jakarta-james/dist/james-2.1a1-cvs

BUT WITH the following proviso...
One also needs to copy all the supporting mailets from [james + set of
numbers & proliferating directories]/SAR-INF/lib/ - such as mail_1_2.jar ,
mailet.jar etc, activation.jar, dnsjava.jar. Whilst I'm new to
Jakarta-James / Phoenix etc. this doesn't seem right  - and seems to
indicate there are issues with the build script ??? Suppose this would be
fixed at the time an actual release / install image was created ...

RE: FOUND - Path to Custom mailets in James 2.1a1

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.
You're right, this is an issue which needs to be addressed.