Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Deepak MS <me...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/29 13:41:29 UTC

Translucent Background like in iOS 7

Hi there,
I wanted to add a transparent and blur effect to one of the container in
flex mobile app(while showing up a menu). I want to achieve something
similar to these images in the links below:

http://www.thenewipadblog.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/iOS-7-Notifications-Panel.jpg

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/135671007498455824/

Any ideas how to achieve it? I tried Blur filter, but doesn't seem to give
me what I want.

Cheers!

Re: Translucent Background like in iOS 7

Posted by Deepak MS <me...@gmail.com>.
Hey, that's awesome..
Thank you aKimirksnis and Simon..

Posted by Simon Gladman <sg...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by "aKimirksnis ." <ak...@gmail.com>.
I wrote BlurContainer doing exactly that a while ago. It simply captures
needed area of stage into BitmapData, blurs it, then displays content over
the background. Not sure how it would perform on mobile but here's the code:
https://gist.github.com/Varnius/0886e2102bb626654b3c