Posted to users@ws.apache.org by Ryan Hoegg <rh...@isisnetworks.net> on 2004/01/08 22:56:01 UTC

MinML performance: kudos

Hey John,

Perhaps I'm behind the times, but I was just pointed to
http://piccolo.sourceforge.net/bench.html for unrelated reasons and
noticed MinML 1.7's performance.  Just wanted to send John some kudos!

--
Ryan Hoegg
ISIS Networks

Re: Modifying HTTP request headers

Posted by Phil Wilson <ph...@philwilson.org>.
Thanks Ryan,

I was planning to use their SOAP API in the long term (for which they do
provide a sample java client using Apache Axis), but had hoped to use
XML-RPC for prototyping purposes (for which they don't).

FWIW, I believe that the latest version (2.5) of the Salesforce web
services only supports SOAP. It would be interesting to know why they
deprecated XML-RPC support, and I wonder if it had anything to do with
this issue (as I suspect take-up would have been low).

Thanks for the pointers to the 2.0 version of the XML-RPC library.

Phil

Posted by Ryan Hoegg <rh...@isisnetworks.net>.
Hi Phil,

Re: MinML performance: kudos

Posted by John Wilson <tu...@wilson.co.uk>.
On 8 Jan 2004, at 21:56, Ryan Hoegg wrote:

> Hey John,
>
> Perhaps I'm behind the times, but I was just pointed to
> http://piccolo.sourceforge.net/bench.html for unrelated reasons and
> noticed MinML 1.7's performance.  Just wanted to send John some kudos!

Hi Ryan,

you are very kind :))

MinML was never designed to be fast. It was designed to be small. It's
a happy accident that MinML works well with XML-RPC. I'm using it as
the basis for an XML-RPC implementation for Groovy
(http://groovy.codehaus.org/). You all need to check out Groovy it's a
really nice scripting language with tight Java integration.

A happy New year to you all

John Wilson
The Wilson Partnership
http://www.wilson.co.uk