Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Milind Rao <mi...@bellsouth.net> on 2004/06/08 07:35:17 UTC

Re: Single logger properties file for multiple processes

There wasn't any response on this.

This is causing a packaging problem since appenders of the different processes are in different
packages/jars.  I have to have alerts.jar in my classpath to run the status process since the alerts appender
(in alerts.jar) is initialised when log4j is initialised while running the status application.

Other than having multiple log4j properties files, is there a solution to this?

On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 14:20:36 +0550, Milind Rao wrote:

>I have a couple of processes, both of which log using their own loggers to their own log files.  I wanted to
keep
>one logger properties file for both the processes, but I'm running into a problem.
>
>When each process starts up, both loggers are initialised.  Is it possible for the loggers to get initialised
only
>on the first log event?
>
>My logger.properties looks as under
>
>log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, A1, A2
>log4j.logger.AlertLogger=DEBUG, A1, A4
>log4j.additivity.AlertLogger=false
>log4j.logger.StatusLogger=DEBUG, A1, A5
>log4j.additivity.StatusLogger=false
>
>I'd like the AlertLogger appender (A4) and the StatusLogger Appender (A5) to only get initialised when the
first
>alert/status log message is logged.

Regards
Milind