Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by izian <iz...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/01 15:11:04 UTC

Restart of service assembly not possible without restarting ServiceMix

Hello,

Using ServiceMix 3.3, I have a CXFBC based SU in my SA to implement a jms
connection; The SA works correctly when the external jms provider is
running.

I have noticed the following:
. When starting this SA while the jms provider is not running, it fails in
the SU ("Unable to init service unit") with the correct root cause error
message.

. From then, even if the external conditions are present to successfully
start the SA, subsequent start operations on the SA always fails in the SU
("Unable to init service unit") with the error message:
    "An external endpoint for service/ {tmf854.v1.ws}NotificationService and
endpoint NotificationConsumerJms is already registered".

Although other operations on the SA are reported as successful, I have to
restart ServiceMix to be able to start the SA again.

Is there a way to prevent this state, or to recover from it without
restarting ServiceMix ?

Additional info: we've tried first CXFBC 2008-01 then 2009-01-SNAPSHOT and
situation was worse with 2008-01, with which in addition to the start
problem any operation failed or hung after a jms connection problem, letting
no other way to recover than removing SA data in servicemix and restarting.

Any advice is welcome as I'm lost...

Thanks and regards,
izian.

Re: Restart of service assembly not possible without restarting ServiceMix

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I will take care of this issue.

Freeman

Alexanderz wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    I think I faced with the same problem and found out cause of the problem.
> Please see my post at jira:
> https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/SM-1855
> https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/SM-1855 .
>
> BR,
>     Alexander
>

> Freeman Fang wrote:
>
>> Any chance you append your SA?
>> You may simplify(remove your bussiness logic) it and  can easily
>> reproduce the scenario as you mentioned.
>> Freeman
>>
>> izian wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> not sure I got your exact request but trying...
>>>
>>> we've got a SA containing a CXF JMS SU for messages collection (consumer
>>> only), based on servicemix-cxf-bc 2009-01-SNAPSHOT, talking to an
>>> external
>>> JBOSS application to collect messages.
>>>
>>> scenario1 OK:
>>> 1. start JBOSS JMS provider
>>> 2. in servicemix, start the SA containing the cxf jms SU -> OK
>>> 3. Receive messages from JBOSS JMS provider -> OK
>>> 4. Stop the SA containing the cxf jms SU -> OK
>>> 5. shutdown the SA containing the cxf jms SU -> OK
>>>
>>> scenario2 KO:
>>> 1. stop JBOSS JMS provider
>>> 2. in servicemix, start the SA containing the cxf jms SU -> KO
>>>     - error = Unable to init service unit (this is fine so far)
>>> 3. Stop the SA containing the cxf jms SU -> OK
>>> 4. shutdown the SA containing the cxf jms SU -> OK (was KO with cxf-bc
>>> 2008-01)
>>> 5. start JBOSS JMS provider
>>> 6. in servicemix, start the SA containing the cxf jms SU -> KO (this is
>>> the
>>> point that puzzled me)
>>>      - error =  "An external endpoint for service/
>>> {tmf854.v1.ws}NotificationService and

>>> from then, the only way to recover is:
>>> 7. undeploy the SA -> OK
>>> 8. stop servicemix
>>> 9. start servicemix
>>> 10. deploy the SA in servicemix

--
Freeman Fang

Re: Restart of service assembly not possible without restarting ServiceMix

Posted by Alexanderz <al...@yandex.ru>.
Hi,

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by izian <iz...@gmail.com>.