Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Brian Reinhold <br...@lampreynetworks.com> on 2013/11/23 03:57:14 UTC

what does "Replaying recovery log" mean? Embedded broker

What does

Replaying recovery log: 0.00% done (0/310 bytes) @ 0.00 kb/s, Infinity hrs
remaining.

mean. Every once and a while I see this when running my embedded broker
(protocol tls) type mqtt.

To get rid of it I have to delete the created default /data directory and
/webapp-resources directories. I am guessing it has to do with replaying
some type of message (which I have not yet sent) or I am still missing
something in the configuration.

Re: what does "Replaying recovery log" mean? Embedded broker

Posted by Brian Reinhold <br...@lampreynetworks.com>.
Thanks Rob,

I have only been looking at this broker after giving up with mosquitto (it
has bizarre means of setting security which seems to deviate from the normal
practices of keystores and truststores) and it can't be used 'embedded'. So
I am developing code and debugging and invariably hard-quitting at errors or
after my check completes so it could very well be some persistent features
(which I don't know how to configure yet) are getting corrupted. I am trying
to implement an embedded MQTT broker so I can optimize out the network from
my server and the mqtt broker.

What I haven't figured out is how to address the embedded broker from my
server. In ActiveMQ the technique is documented (one uses a vm:// prefix in
the url) but I can't find that documented for Apollo. I am taking a guess
that it is the same!

Re: what does "Replaying recovery log" mean? Embedded broker

Posted by Robert Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.
Your using Apollo ? This is part of the recovery process for the message store of the broker - though not sure why its getting replayed - unless you are using a hard shutdown on the broker - in which case this is normal, and is done to ensure the message store is in a consistent state on start up.

On 23 Nov 2013, at 02:57, Brian Reinhold <br...@lampreynetworks.com> wrote:

> What does
>
> Replaying recovery log: 0.00% done (0/310 bytes) @ 0.00 kb/s, Infinity hrs
> remaining.
>
> mean. Every once and a while I see this when running my embedded broker
> (protocol tls) type mqtt.
>
> To get rid of it I have to delete the created default /data directory and
> /webapp-resources directories. I am guessing it has to do with replaying
> some type of message (which I have not yet sent) or I am still missing
> something in the configuration.

Rob Davies
Red Hat, Inc
Twitter: rajdavies