Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by "Alexander \"Stiefel\" Müller" <st...@stiefelnet.de> on 2002/03/23 15:47:21 UTC

startup very slow since updating from cvs

hey,

i just upgraded my avalon from a cvs-version 4 weeks old to the newest version.

within the "old" version a startup of my system took about 15 seconds with
about 15 components. since the upgrade this startup takes now about 2 minutes.

for i did not change my components, it must be the excalibur classes.

any suggestions?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards,

Alexander "Stiefel" Müller
Geschäftsführer

stiefelnet e-Solver GmbH
Friedensplatz 4; D-01309 Dresden
www.stiefelnet.de

fon    +49 (0)3 51 - 31 25 41 0
fax    +49 (0)3 51 - 31 25 41 7
mobil  +49 (0)1 71 - 48 10 96 9
e-mail stiefel@stiefelnet.de

Re: startup very slow since updating from cvs

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Sun, 24 Mar 2002 01:47, Alexander \"Stiefel\" Müller wrote:
> hey,
>
> i just upgraded my avalon from a cvs-version 4 weeks old to the newest
> version.
>
> within the "old" version a startup of my system took about 15 seconds with
> about 15 components. since the upgrade this startup takes now about 2
> minutes.
>
> for i did not change my components, it must be the excalibur classes.
>
> any suggestions?

Can you tell us exactly which components you are using or else it is
difficult to figure out where the problem is ;)

--
Cheers,

Pete