Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by christopher justin <ch...@hotmail.com> on 2004/02/11 20:27:50 UTC

multiRef problem - returning XML Document type

My Web Service is returning org.w3c.dom.Document  (returning an XML doc as
the type).  The WSDL shows the response type as type="apachesoap:Document" .
  I have nothing special in my deploy.wsdd for type matching or anything.

The XML document shows up in a <multiRef> tag as part of the Soap Response.
When checking to see if this Web Service is portability for example ( I am
using Java and a  different client other than Java), it sees the XML as an
array of strings not as the XML doc.

I believe this is occuring because the XML header tag for my document is not
showing up (i.e. it is missing <?xml version="1.0" standalone="no">.   Here
is what my multRef tag response looks like:

<multiRef id="id0" soapEnc:root="0"   ......>
<email-list>
   <emails>
   </emails>
</email-list>
</multiRef>

Does anyone have an idea as to what is going on ?  Why is my XML document
missing <?xml version="1.0" standalone="no"> ??   How do I return this XML
document appropriately.

Click here for a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee.