Posted to dev@samza.apache.org by Bharath Kumara Subramanian <co...@gmail.com> on 2021/04/16 19:28:30 UTC

Draft board report for Samza

Hi all,

Here is a draft report for Samza. Please let me know if I missed anything.

The mission of Samza is the creation and maintenance of software related to
distributed stream processing framework

## Issues:
- There are no issues requiring board attention.

## Membership Data:
Apache Samza was founded 2015-01-22 (6 years ago)
There are currently 28 committers and 17 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 7:5.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Bharath Kumarasubramanian on
2020-02-13.
- Ke Wu was added as committer on 2021-02-25
- Sanil Jain was added as committer on 2021-02-01

## Project Activity:
- 1.6.0 was released on 2021-01-28.
- Support rack aware standby in YARN

## Community Health:
- JIRA Activity
  - 11 issues opened in JIRA, past quarter (-50% decrease)
  - 7 issues closed in JIRA, past quarter (-46% decrease)
- Commit Activity
  - 34 commits in the past quarter
  - 13 code contributors in the past quarter (44% increase)
  - 35 PRs opened on GitHub, past quarter (66% increase)
  - 38 PRs closed on GitHub, past quarter (90% increase)

Re: Draft board report for Samza

Posted by Prateek Maheshwari <pr...@utexas.edu>.
Looks good to me, thanks. May be worth calling out the recent improvements
in standalone stability under Project Activity as well.

- Prateek