Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Sharon Xie <sh...@gmail.com> on 2021/12/29 19:24:09 UTC

Re: Unable to update logback configuration in Flink Native Kubernetes

I've faced the same issue before.

I figured out that there is an internal configuration
`$internal.deployment.config-dir` (code
<https://github.com/apache/flink/blob/3071f5c8471b31244642291cee769aeb55733079/flink-core/src/main/java/org/apache/flink/configuration/DeploymentOptionsInternal.java>)
which allows me to specify a local folder which contains the logback config
using file `logback-console.xml`. The content of the file is then used to
create the config map.

Hope it helps.

Sharon

Posted by Yang Wang <da...@gmail.com>.
Sorry for the late reply.

Flink clients will ship the log4j-console.properties and
logback-console.xml via K8s ConfigMap and then mount to
JobManager/TaskManager pod.
So if you want to update the log settings or using logback, all you need is
to update the client-local files.

Best,
Yang

Raghavendar T S <ra...@gmail.com> 于2021年12月31日周五 12:47写道:

Posted by Yang Wang <da...@gmail.com>.
Sorry for the late reply.

Posted by Raghavendar T S <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sharon

Thanks a lot. I just updated the files (flink-conf.yaml and
logback-console.xml) in the local conf folder and it worked as expected.

Thanks & Regards
Raghavendar T S
MERAS Plugins

Virus-free.