Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by femke <fe...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/29 13:51:26 UTC

axis compile error - package does not exist

Hello,

I've a wee problem when trying to generate WSDL with axis for some java i
wrote that includes external jars.  While it compiles fine anywhere else,
for some reason axis won't compile it and i get the following error
statement (below).  I've checked my classpath and it looks fine (which makes
sense given the code compiles nicely elsewhere) but I just can't think of
what else to do.....any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

thanks

femke

Fault - Error while compiling:  C:\workspace\Tomcat
5.5\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\jwsClasses\CreateTINfromPoints.java

AxisFault
 faultCode: {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}Server.compileError
 faultSubcode:
 faultString: Error while compiling:  C:\workspace\Tomcat
5.5\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\jwsClasses\CreateTINfromPoints.java
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:
	{}Errors:Error compiling C:\workspace\Tomcat
5.5\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\jwsClasses\CreateTINfromPoints.java:
Line 9, column 24:  package jwo.landserf.gui does not exist
Line 10, column 28:  package jwo.landserf.process does not exist
Line 11, column 30:  package jwo.landserf.structure does not exist
Line 22, column -1:  cannot find symbol
Line 22, column -1:  cannot find symbol
Line 25, column -1:  cannot find symbol
Line 25, column -1:  cannot find symbol
Line 27, column -1:  cannot find symbol
Line 27, column -1:  cannot find symbol
Line 27, column -1:  cannot find symbol
Line 29, column -1:  cannot find symbol
Line 0, column 0:
11 errors

Re: axis compile error - package does not exist

Posted by femke <fe...@gmail.com>.
Hi Martin,

Yeah, I've got the jar (landserf220.jar) in the classpath (see below), and
it compiles ok if I do it with the javac command at the dos prompt, but axis
doesn't seem to find the jar.  So I then tried java
org.apache.axis.wsdl.Java2WSDL instead, which appeared to work but then gave
me a "DefaultNamespace" for one of the packages from the landserf220.jar
...which consequently resulted in producing errors when trying to WSDL2Java
to create the server-side wrapper code and stubs for the client.

any further ideas would be much appreciated ...and thanks for help thus far.

femke

Re: axis compile error - package does not exist

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Good Morning Femke-

This is a 2 step process
1)
grep -S -l  jwo.landserf *.jar
note the jar that contains this package
2)
in your startup script (such as .profile or .bashrc) apprise your CLASSPATH of the jar which contains
SET CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:NameOfJarWhichContainsPackage
export $CLASSPATH

you MUST ensure your CLASSPATH is setup in BOTH your compile and run tasks

Martin --

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Did you make sure the jar which contains your jwo.landserf libraries are located on your CLASSPATH?

M-