Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by vivek mishra <vm...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/21 11:14:49 UTC

OFBiz connection to postgresql

Hello all

I want to connect ofbiz  to postgresql on my system. Please list the
procedure how to do?

Regards
*Vivek
*
*
*

Re: OFBiz connection to postgresql

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
it is best to spend the time to read the documentation that has a link
on the main page.
you will find there is a setup document that covers this.

vivek mishra sent the following on 9/21/2011 2:14 AM:
> Hello all
>
> I want to connect ofbiz  to postgresql on my system. Please list the
> procedure how to do?
>

> Regards
> *Vivek
> *
> *
> *

Re: Ofbiz Promotions

Posted by de...@tcs.com.
Thanks for the prompt response... I already tried emptying the "Use Limit
per Order". Even for 4 products, it gives only 1 qty of gift rather that
2.
I am working on the Stable version...

Just walking through the condition,
If we keep the below condition, :X quantity of product is greater than 2
What is the difference if I have 2 qty in Cart or 6 in cart??

Also I would like to add the Weights/Features in Promo... Just was going
through the flow (doPromotions.java) etc...But doubtful how to go about
it?
Could you help draw a roadmap?? I would like to contribute on this.

Regards,
Debabrata Panda
Ph:+91-876-359-4004

From:
"pierre.gaudin" <pi...@nereide.fr>
To:
user@ofbiz.apache.org
Date:
09/22/2011 12:30 PM
Re: Ofbiz Promotions

Hi
On 22/09/2011 07:44, deb.panda@tcs.com wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I have started exploring the Promo, Section but could not find the
> solution for below case.I am trying to implement the below case in
> Promotions. I reckon this may have been addressed or already existent.
>
> Case Study1:For every 2 products of Category A, get a product X free...
> I tried the following Approach
> Condn:X quantity of product is greater than 2, Condn Categories - All
> include Subset - Y for Category A
> Action:Gift with Purchase , Quantity 1 , Product X
>
> The problem is when there are 4 products in cart of Category A, it is
> still gifting only 1 quantity of Prod X.  The gift  quantity is not
> increasing as per the multiples of 2...It is only giving one gift.
> For 2 prods - gift 1
> For 4 prods - gift 2
> For 6 prods - gift 3
> Gyst:How to apply the multiple of X quantity of product.
You should empty field "Use Limit Per Order"
> Case Study2: Apply promotions, when Category A(e.g. Jewellery)
product(s)
> net weight is greater than X gms.
> Any configurable options..
At this time there is no promotion condition on weight or feature. It
could be a great improvement.

Pierre

Re: Ofbiz Promotions

Posted by Mukesh <mu...@amicontech.com>.
Currently the system is not supported the multiples of in actions based
on the condition for such kind of promotion,  you will have to customize
the code or you can add the multiple conditions/actions like this,

Cond1 : X quantity of product is greater than or equal to 2 && X
quantity of product is less than 4
Action1: Gift with Purchase , Quantity 1 , Product X

Cond2:  X quantity of product is greater than or equal to 4 && X
quantity of product is less than 6
Action2: Gift with Purchase , Quantity 2 , Product X

Cond3 : X quantity of product is greater than or equal to 6 && X
quantity of product is less than 8
Action3: Gift with Purchase , Quantity 3 , Product X
.
.
.
.

To understand the promotional conditions and actions logic refer this
ProductPromoWorker.java file

Regards,
Mukesh Marathe

Re: Ofbiz Promotions

Posted by David E Jones <de...@me.com>.
> [...]

>> message and/or attachments to it may contain
>> confidential or privileged information. If you are
>> not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use,
>> review, distribution, printing or copying of the
>> information contained in this e-mail message
>> and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited. If
>> you have received this communication in error,
>> please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and
>> immediately and permanently delete the message
>> and any attachments. Thank you

Re: Ofbiz Promotions

Posted by de...@tcs.com.
Correction below on the conditon
The condition is X quantity of product is greater than or equal to 2
My query is how is the system going to calculate BASED ON THE ABOVE CONDN,
 multiples of 2.

Even if 4,6,8 quantites are there in the cart, it would give only 1

From:
Deb Panda/TVM/TCS
To:
user@ofbiz.apache.org
Cc:
user@ofbiz.apache.org
Date:
09/22/2011 12:49 PM
Re: Ofbiz Promotions
Sent by:
Deb Panda

From:
"pierre.gaudin" <pi...@nereide.fr>
To:
user@ofbiz.apache.org
Date:

Re: Ofbiz Promotions

Posted by "pierre.gaudin" <pi...@nereide.fr>.
Hi
On 22/09/2011 07:44, deb.panda@tcs.com wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I have started exploring the Promo, Section but could not find the
> solution for below case.I am trying to implement the below case in
> Promotions. I reckon this may have been addressed or already existent.
>
> Case Study1:For every 2 products of Category A, get a product X free...
> I tried the following Approach
> Condn:X quantity of product is greater than 2, Condn Categories - All
> include Subset - Y for Category A
> Action:Gift with Purchase , Quantity 1 , Product X
>
> The problem is when there are 4 products in cart of Category A, it is
> still gifting only 1 quantity of Prod X.  The gift  quantity is not
> increasing as per the multiples of 2...It is only giving one gift.
> For 2 prods - gift 1
> For 4 prods - gift 2
> For 6 prods - gift 3
> Gyst:How to apply the multiple of X quantity of product.
You should empty field "Use Limit Per Order"
> Case Study2: Apply promotions, when Category A(e.g. Jewellery)  product(s)
> net weight is greater than X gms.
> Any configurable options..
At this time there is no promotion condition on weight or feature. It
could be a great improvement.

Pierre
> Also as I am new, please let me know how to track new changes and if
> possible help out with solutions.
>
> Regards,
> Debabrata Panda
> =====-----=====-----=====
> and any attachments. Thank you

Ofbiz Promotions

Posted by de...@tcs.com.

Posted by prasanth r <pr...@gmail.com>.
*OFBIZ INSTALLATION WITH POSTGRESQL*

* *

*Required : Ofbiz latest projet,*

*                     PostGresql*

*                     postgresql-connector-xxx.jar (driver for java to
connect to mysql)   *

*                    Jdk1.6 *

* *

*Notes      : Ofbiz by default uses port 8080. so make sure it is not bound
to any other service.               *

* *

* *

*POSTGRESQL INSTALLATION*

* *

*1) Download the latest PostgreSQL database server   from
http://www.enterprisedb.com/exposure/postgres-download-downloads?googleaw=postgres-database-content&LS=SEM&gclid=CMyH9pWn3akCFQd76wodG2xDYw
*

* *

*2) Download the postgres jdbc driver (postgresql-9.0-801.jdbc4) from *

* http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html*

* *

*3) Install PostgreSQL database. *

*4) Create database “Ofbiz”.*

*5) Create login role for Ofbiz with all privilege on “Ofbiz” database.*

* *

*JAVA_INSTALLATION*

* *

*1)Get Jdk6 from “http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/index.html”*

*2) Install Jdk6 and set JAVA_HOME and JRE_HOME variables.*

* *

*OFBIZ INSTALLATION*

* *

*1) Get the latest Ofbiz project zip from http://ofbiz.apache.org/.*

*2) Extract Ofbiz project zip where we want to install eg, D:\*

*3) Copy the postgres jdbc driver into \Ofbiz-root\framework\entity\lib\jdbc
*

*4) Change database configuration in the file*

*\Ofbiz-root\framework\entity\config\entityengine.xml*

* *

*Changes in  entityengine.xml file for postgres.*

* *

*A sample configuration.*

* *

*Delegator section,*

* *

* *

<connection-factory class="*
org.ofbiz.entity.connection.DBCPConnectionFactory*" />

*-* <../../../ofbiz-10.04/framework/entity/config/entityengine.xml##>
<delegator
name="*default*" entity-model-reader="*main*"
entity-group-reader="*main*"entity-eca-reader
="*main*" distributed-cache-clear-enabled="*false*">

  <group-map group-name="*org.ofbiz*" datasource-name="*localpostnew*" />

  <group-map group-name="*org.ofbiz.olap*" datasource-name="*
localpostnewolap*" />

  <group-map group-name="*org.ofbiz.tenant*" datasource-name="*
localpostnewtenant*" />

  </delegator>

*-* <../../../ofbiz-10.04/framework/entity/config/entityengine.xml##>
<delegator
name="*default-no-eca*" entity-model-reader="*main*" entity-group-reader="*
main*" entity-eca-reader="*main*"
entity-eca-enabled="*false*"distributed-cache-clear-enabled
="*false*">

  <group-map group-name="*org.ofbiz*" datasource-name="*localpostnew*" />

  <group-map group-name="*org.ofbiz.olap*" datasource-name="*
localpostnewolap*" />

  <group-map group-name="*org.ofbiz.tenant*" datasource-name="*
localpostnewtenant*" />

  </delegator>

- <!--

 be sure that your default delegator (or the one you use) uses the
same datasource for test. You must run "ant run-install" before
running "ant run-tests"

  -->

*-* <../../../ofbiz-10.04/framework/entity/config/entityengine.xml##>
<delegator
name="*test*" entity-model-reader="*main*"
entity-group-reader="*main*"entity-eca-reader
="*main*">

  <group-map group-name="*org.ofbiz*" datasource-name="*localpostnew*" />

  <group-map group-name="*org.ofbiz.olap*" datasource-name="*
localpostnewolap*" />

  <group-map group-name="*org.ofbiz.tenant*" datasource-name="*
localpostnewtenant*" />

  </delegator>

* *

*In datasource section*

* *

<datasource name="*localpostnew*" helper-class="*
org.ofbiz.entity.datasource.GenericHelperDAO*"
schema-name="*public*"field-type-name
="*postnew*" check-on-start="*true*"
add-missing-on-start="*true*"use-fk-initially-deferred
="*true*" alias-view-columns="*false*" join-style="*ansi*" result-fetch-size
="*50*" use-binary-type-for-blob="*true*" use-order-by-nulls="*true*">

  <read-data reader-name="*seed*" />

  <read-data reader-name="*seed-initial*" />

  <read-data reader-name="*demo*" />

  <read-data reader-name="*ext*" />

  <inline-jdbc jdbc-driver="*org.postgresql.Driver*" jdbc-uri="*
jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/ofbiz*" jdbc-username="*ofbiz*"jdbc-password
="*admin*" isolation-level="*ReadCommitted*" pool-minsize="*2*" pool-maxsize
="*250*" time-between-eviction-runs-millis="*600000*" />

  </datasource>

*-* <../../../ofbiz-10.04/framework/entity/config/entityengine.xml##>
<datasource
name="*localpostnewolap*" helper-class="*
org.ofbiz.entity.datasource.GenericHelperDAO*"
schema-name="*public*"field-type-name
="*postnew*" check-on-start="*true*"
add-missing-on-start="*true*"use-fk-initially-deferred
="*false*" alias-view-columns="*false*" join-style="*ansi*"result-fetch-size
="*50*" use-binary-type-for-blob="*true*" use-order-by-nulls="*true*">

  <read-data reader-name="*seed*" />

  <read-data reader-name="*seed-initial*" />

  <read-data reader-name="*demo*" />

  <read-data reader-name="*ext*" />

  <inline-jdbc jdbc-driver="*org.postgresql.Driver*" jdbc-uri="*
jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/ofbizolap*"
jdbc-username="*ofbiz*"jdbc-password
="*admin*" isolation-level="*ReadCommitted*" pool-minsize="*2*" pool-maxsize
="*250*" time-between-eviction-runs-millis="*600000*" />

  </datasource>

*-* <../../../ofbiz-10.04/framework/entity/config/entityengine.xml##>
<datasource
name="*localpostnewtenant*" helper-class="*
org.ofbiz.entity.datasource.GenericHelperDAO*"
schema-name="*public*"field-type-name
="*postnew*" check-on-start="*true*"
add-missing-on-start="*true*"use-fk-initially-deferred
="*false*" alias-view-columns="*false*" join-style="*ansi*"result-fetch-size
="*50*" use-binary-type-for-blob="*true*" use-order-by-nulls="*true*">

  <read-data reader-name="*seed*" />

  <read-data reader-name="*seed-initial*" />

  <read-data reader-name="*demo*" />

  <read-data reader-name="*ext*" />

  <inline-jdbc jdbc-driver="*org.postgresql.Driver*" jdbc-uri="*
jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/ofbiztenant*"
jdbc-username="*ofbiz*"jdbc-password
="*admin*" isolation-level="*ReadCommitted*" pool-minsize="*2*" pool-maxsize
="*250*" time-between-eviction-runs-millis="*600000*" />

  </datasource>

* *

* *

* *

*5) In Ofbiz root folder there will be a file called startofbiz.bat, here we
can set JVM memory settings*

* *

*6) In Ofbiz root run type the command “ant run-install”.*

* *

*7) startofbiz.bat*

* *

* *