Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org> on 2023/04/20 19:04:11 UTC

[ANN] Maven Checkstyle Plugin 3.2.2 released

The Apache Maven team is pleased to announce the release of the Maven
Checkstyle Plugin, version 3.2.2.

https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-checkstyle-plugin/

You should specify the version in your project's plugin configuration:

<plugin>
   <artifactId>>maven-checkstyle-plugin</artifactId>
   <version>3.2.2</version>
</plugin>

Release Notes - Maven Checkstyle Plugin - Version 3.2.2

** Bug
     * [MCHECKSTYLE-432] - Inline configuration does not work when
creating site reports with multiple locales

** Improvement
     * [MCHECKSTYLE-426] - Don't use Sink#figure()/Sink#figureCaption()
since it distorts the output

** Dependency upgrade
     * [MCHECKSTYLE-427] - Upgrade m-invoker-plugin to 3.5.0

Enjoy,

-The Apache Maven team

Re: [ANN] Maven Checkstyle Plugin 3.2.2 released

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 5 May 2023 at 11:34, Mark Derricutt <ma...@talios.com> wrote:

> On 5 May 2023, at 16:21, Maxim Solodovnik wrote:
>
> While latest version ATM 10.9.3
>
> Checkstyle 10.x requires Java 9+ which is good enough reason in my mind to not update it officially (yet).

Understood, thanks for the explanaitions!

> You can however update the check style version by adding a <dependency> declaration in the plugin.

Already did it :)

--
Best regards,
Maxim

Re: [ANN] Maven Checkstyle Plugin 3.2.2 released

Posted by Mark Derricutt <ma...@talios.com>.
On 5 May 2023, at 16:21, Maxim Solodovnik wrote:

> While latest version ATM 10.9.3

Checkstyle 10.x requires Java 9+ which is good enough reason in my mind to not update it officially (yet).

You can however update the check style version by adding a `<dependency>` declaration in the plugin.

---
"The ease with which a change can be implemented has no relevance at all to whether it is the right change for the (Java) Platform for all time." &mdash; Mark Reinhold.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
ping? :)

On Fri, 21 Apr 2023 at 08:39, Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> For whatever reason both 3.2.1 and 3.2.2 are released with
>
> <checkstyleVersion>9.3</checkstyleVersion>
>
> While latest version ATM 10.9.3
>
> Why to release with outdated dependency?
>
> from mobile (sorry for typos ;)
>

> On Fri, Apr 21, 2023, 02:04 Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> The Apache Maven team is pleased to announce the release of the Maven
>> Checkstyle Plugin, version 3.2.2.
>>
>> https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-checkstyle-plugin/
>>
>> You should specify the version in your project's plugin configuration:
>>
>> <plugin>
>>    <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>>    <artifactId>>maven-checkstyle-plugin</artifactId>
>>    <version>3.2.2</version>
>> </plugin>
>>

>> Release Notes - Maven Checkstyle Plugin - Version 3.2.2
>>
>> ** Bug
>>      * [MCHECKSTYLE-432] - Inline configuration does not work when
>> creating site reports with multiple locales
>>
>> ** Improvement
>>      * [MCHECKSTYLE-426] - Don't use Sink#figure()/Sink#figureCaption()
>> since it distorts the output
>>
>> ** Dependency upgrade
>>      * [MCHECKSTYLE-427] - Upgrade m-invoker-plugin to 3.5.0
>>

>> Enjoy,
>>
>> -The Apache Maven team

Best regards,
Maxim

Re: [ANN] Maven Checkstyle Plugin 3.2.2 released

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello,