Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Stephan Sann <ja...@lotk.de> on 2006/09/16 18:46:23 UTC

Appeal to the James-loving design-lords!

Hello!

You love James and designing? And you would like to contribute something
to a tool that makes "life with Yames" more easy? Then please read on...

Maybe you read my posting about "yet another James manager"
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/yajamesmanager). It works fine, but to
be honest - the GUI is ugly. To be accepted by the masses it has to look
more stylish. I can't do it, because IANAD (I am not a designer).

If you would like to contribute a smart "skin" for yajamesmanager, you
could save yourself a place for your name on the frontpage and in the
"special thanks to"-file.

Preconditions:
- No absolute positioning, JavaScript- or DHTML-Magic!
- All components must harmonise with JSF (Java Server Faces) - which is
no to hard, if you use standard HTML and CSS. I will help you with
questions about this topic.
- Grafics must come from a source that allows them to be redistributed
under ASL V2 and GPL (or, if you created them by yourself you must agree
to do so).

Thanks for your time!

Stephan

Re: Appeal to the James-loving design-lords!

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Stephan Sann wrote:
> Hello!
>
> You love James and designing? And you would like to contribute something
> to a tool that makes "life with Yames" more easy? Then please read on...

Please stop crossposting!

This message belongs to server-users *only* (the target is a
web-designer, so maybe not subscribed to server-dev).

The same is valid for the previous announces of the new release: please
post them *only* to the server-user list.

This sentence is in our guidelines (http://james.apache.org/mail.html)
Some questions are appropriate for posting on both the "user" and the
"developer" lists. In this case, pick one and only one. Do not cross post.