Posted to dev@jspwiki.apache.org by Mariano Rico <ma...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/05 17:08:34 UTC

After Apache front-end: no log in, no trail

Hi all,

I installed JSPWiki 2.8.4 in my machine (asera.ii.uam.es:8080/DBpediaES),
and everything was perfect.
However, when I did set up Apache (v 2.2) as front-end (with ProxyPass and
proxyPassReverse) pointing to this wiki, the log in mechanism disappeared.
I can not log in, but I get no errors in the log, and the "Your trail:" is
not working (it is emptly).
I had to change the BaseURL to es.dbpedia.org, what results in a "no css"
version running at asera.ii.uam.es:8080/DBpediaES but a good presentation
for es.dbpedia.org ¿Is this the usual way? I thought that the Apache
front-end should not modify the behavior of JSPWiki, ans I could use both
"instances".

¿Any suggestion?

Best regards,

-Mariano

Re: After Apache front-end: no log in, no trail

Posted by Mariano Rico <ma...@uam.es>.
Hi Florian,

if you try it, please, let me know it.

Best regards,

-- Mariano
  Mariano Rico <http://www.ii.uam.es/~mrico>
  Computer Science Dept <http://www.ii.uam.es/>.
  Universidad Autónoma de Madrid <http://www.uam.es/>
  Spain

Posted by Christophe Dupriez <du...@squadratic.com>.
Thank you very much for sharing this!

I am using the two first configurations lines for years and never had
any problem but this is because in:
     ProxyPass /DIRE http://localhost:8080/DIRE
     ProxyPassReverse /DIRE http://localhost:8080/DIRE
the path is not changing, just the host.

Tricky the life of the computer scientist!

Good luck with your wiki!

Christophe

Posted by Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hola Mariano,

hey nice to hear that :) Would you mind updating [1] and/or [2] with that
information? these are the first places in which people do look when
they're configuring their JSPWiki behind an Apache server.

thanks & regards,
juan pablo

[1]: http://www.jspwiki.org/wiki/ApacheTomcatConnection
[2]: http://www.jspwiki.org/wiki/JSPWikiAsRootContextWithApache

Posted by Mariano Rico <ma...@uam.es>.
Hi! at last good news!!!

Posted by Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mariano,

Posted by Mariano Rico <ma...@uam.es>.
Hi Juan Pablo,

Posted by Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi again Mariano,

Posted by Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hello Mariano,

Posted by Mariano Rico <ma...@uam.es>.
Dear Juan,

Posted by Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

in fact, that Apache serves http://192.168.3.13:80 In any case, you (=we,
here at the office) obtain the same results going either through
http://192.168.3.13:80/JSPWiki or http://192.168.3.13:8085/JSPWiki or
http://ic.softwarefactory.entelgy.com/JSPWiki

just to be sure, some more questions:
- when you access your JSPWiki instance, bypassing your apache, you're
going through http://asera.ii.uam.es:8080/DBpediaES isn't it? To where is
pointing your jspwiki.baseUrl? It should point to
http://asera.ii.uam.es:8080/DBpediaES/ This way you would get nice

Posted by Mariano Rico <ma...@uam.es>.
Hi Pablo,

joining inlines from previous e-mail:

> You should (now) be able to login, create a user, etc. at
> http://ic.softwarefactory.entelgy.com/JSPWiki/

¡¡Incredible!! I can register and login in you site :-)

> The config used (in this case) was the previously mentioned:
> - jspwiki.baseURL points to http://ic.softwarefactory.entelgy.com/JSPWiki/
> - relevant Apache2 configuration:
> <Location /JSPWiki>
> Order Deny,Allow
> Deny from all
> Allow from All
> ProxyPass  http://192.168.3.12:8085/JSPWiki
> SetEnv force-proxy-request-1.0 1
> SetEnv proxy-nokeepalive 1
> ProxyPassReverse  http://192.168.3.12:8085/JSPWiki
> </Location>

It is remarcable:
1) In the proxy (pass and passReverse) you use the IP instead of the URL
2) You use a /something instead of my simple /

I will try this and will let you know. Thanks a million.

> Your Apache2 configuration looks good to me. However, looking at the source
> code of http://asera.ii.uam.es:8080/DBpediaES , the static resources are
> being requested at, i.e.,
> http://asera.ii.uam.es:8080/templates/default/jspwiki.css instead of being
> requested to http://es.dbpedia.org/templates/default/jspwiki.css , it
> seems
> that jspwiki.baseUrl hasn't been picked up. Can you redeploy the
> application and delete the tomcat's work folder in order to enforce the new
> JSPWiki configuration?

If I go to your http://192.168.3.12:8085/JSPWiki I get an error message. I
guess that that direction is internal. Could you check if you see an
ordiray JSPWiki if you browse to http://192.168.3.12:8085/JSPWiki  ?

> Also, do you have mod_rewrite enabled?

I will check... apache should warn, is'n it?

Thanks a lot for you patience and support.

Posted by Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hello Mariano,

Posted by Mariano Rico <ma...@uam.es>.
Hi Juan,

Posted by Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mariano,

some more comments inline:

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 1:31 PM, Mariano Rico <ma...@uam.es> wrote:

> [...]
> should
> > talk with our admin one of these days..
>

> OK. Let me know it.

Try now, you should be able to login

> > anyway, if you manually change
> > entel.es to entelgy.com after sending the registration form, you should
> be
> > able to use your new account.
> >
> > Our entry point is /JSPWiki only because we have some other services
> > published under that domain, but now that you say it, I recall seeing
> this
> > morning that http://asera.ii.uam.es:8080/DBpediaES was translated into
> > http://es.dbpedia.org:8080/ and debugging with firebug I could see that
> > the
> > missing static resources where requested at, i.e,
> > http://es.dbpedia.org:8080/templates/* instead of
> > http://es.dbpedia.org:8080/DBpediaES/templates/* (or
> > http://es.dbpedia.org/templates/*) so may be there is some Apache2
> > configuration fiddling in :-?
>

> This is due to the jspwiki.baseURL
> It is mandatory to assign the real URL in order to provide the apropriate
> internal links.
> Now, baseURL=es.dbpedia.org
> As fas a I know, that is why http://asera.ii.uam.es:8080/DBpediaES is not
> working

The Apache2 configuration looks good to me. However, looking at the source
code of http://asera.ii.uam.es:8080/DBpediaES , the static resources are
being requested at, i.e.,
http://asera.ii.uam.es:8080/templates/default/jspwiki.css instead of being
requested to http://es.dbpedia.org/templates/default/jspwiki.css so it
seems that jspwiki.baseUrl hasn't been picked up. Can you redeploy the
application and delete the tomcat's work folder in order to enforce the new
JSPWiki configuration?

> > Can you send an extract of the configuration
> > of your apache2 conf file?
> >

> I do not use conf file. Instead I use the default site (*
> /etc/apache2/sites-available/default)*. This is the content:
>
> *<VirtualHost *:80>
>        ServerAdmin mariano.rico@gmail.com
>
>       ProxyRequests Off
>        ProxyPreserveHost On
>
>        ProxyPass /sparql http://150.244.59.12:8890/sparql
>        ProxyPassReverse /sparql http://150.244.59.12:8890/sparql
>
>       #ProxyPass / ajp://150.244.59.12:8009/DBpediaES/
>        #ProxyPassReverse / ajp://150.244.59.12:8009/DBpediaES/
> <about:blank>
>
>       ProxyPass / http://150.244.59.12:8080/DBpediaES/
>        ProxyPassReverse / http://150.244.59.12:8080/DBpediaES/
>
>       <Proxy *>
>                Order deny,allow
>               allow from all
>        </Proxy>
>
>        DocumentRoot /var/www
>       <Directory />
>                Options FollowSymLinks
>               AllowOverride None
>                #allow from all
>       </Directory>
>        <Directory /var/www/>
>               Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews

regards,
juan pablo

Re: After Apache front-end: no log in, no trail

Posted by Mariano Rico <ma...@uam.es>.
Hi Juan Pablo,

Posted by Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hello Mariano,
don't know if the SetEnv commands are mandatory or not, all the
apache2-related actions were performed by our systems administrator, so I'm
not really sure; as for the domain issue, entel.es was our old domain, it
seems that the change to the new one hasn't been pushed into prod.. should
talk with our admin one of these days.. anyway, if you manually change
entel.es to entelgy.com after sending the registration form, you should be
able to use your new account.

Our entry point is /JSPWiki only because we have some other services
published under that domain, but now that you say it, I recall seeing this
morning that http://asera.ii.uam.es:8080/DBpediaES was translated into
http://es.dbpedia.org:8080/ and debugging with firebug I could see that the
missing static resources where requested at, i.e,
http://es.dbpedia.org:8080/templates/* instead of
http://es.dbpedia.org:8080/DBpediaES/templates/* (or
http://es.dbpedia.org/templates/*) so may be there is some Apache2
configuration fiddling in :-? Can you send an extract of the configuration
of your apache2 conf file?

regards,
juan pablo

Posted by Florian Holeczek <fl...@holeczek.de>.
Hi Mariano,

Posted by Mariano Rico <ma...@uam.es>.
Hi Juan Pablo,

Posted by "Lannaud, Eric" <E....@unesco.org>.
My configuration:

On my Linux ubuntu 10.04 Lucid, the package:
libapache2-mod-jk                1:1.2.28-2                        Apache 2 connector for the Tomcat Java servlet

see the documentation: http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc

        -------------------
        |   Frontal WEB   |
        -------------------

      ------------------------
      |  Tomcat APPs Server | x N servers
      ------------------------

Ce fichier /etc/libapache2-mod-jk/workers.properties describe the conf application server. "ajp13_worker" connector plugs the localhost port 8009.
workers.tomcat_home=/usr/share/tomcat5
workers.java_home=/usr/lib/jvm/java-gcj
ps=/
worker.list=ajp13_worker

worker.ajp13_worker.port=8009
worker.ajp13_worker.host=localhost
worker.ajp13_worker.type=ajp13
worker.ajp13_worker.lbfactor=1

worker.loadbalancer.type=lb
worker.loadbalancer.balance_workers=ajp13_worker

Dans la conf Apache, sur Ubuntu nous l'avons mit dans /etc/apache2/httpd.conf
JkWorkersFile   /etc/libapache2-mod-jk/workers.properties
JkLogFile       /var/log/apache2/mod_jk.log
JkShmFile     /var/log/apache2/mod_jk.shm
JkLogLevel      info

Into an VH apache conf:
JkMount /wiki/*              ajp13_worker
<Location /wiki>
  <Limit GET POST>
        order deny,allow
        deny from all