Posted to dev@sis.apache.org by Martin Desruisseaux <ma...@geomatys.com> on 2021/09/13 13:48:59 UTC

Merging 2 years of work to master

Hello all

A temporary branch named "the-big-merge" has been pushed to Apache SIS
Git repository. This branch contains the work of the last 2 years, ready
for merging to the master branch. The work was done in the "geoapi-4.0"
branch and wasn't merged regularly on master because of contributions
that were pending review (we should have used feature branches, but I'm
also guilty because I do not use that workflow a lot myself). The work
includes:

  * More development of GeoTIFF reader (including BigGeoTIFF).
  * More development of Landsat reader.
  * Connection to spatial database (e.g. PostGIS).
  * Filters and expressions.
  * Isolines computation.
  * JavaFX application.
  * A few more map projections.

It is more than 100,000 lines added (including comments). The branch is
there:

    https://github.com/apache/sis/tree/the-big-merge

I propose to merge this branch to merge this branch to master. Then, if
no issue is raised, we could start to prepare an Apache SIS release. My
hope is to have a release on time for the ApacheCon presentation, which
is Wednesday next week.

     Martin

Re: Merging 2 years of work to master

Posted by Martin Desruisseaux <ma...@geomatys.com>.
Thanks all! Including mine, we got 5 positive votes. I just applied the
merge to master, so Apache SIS will finally shows some activity in
GitHub statistics after 2 years silent.

Now I will try to have a release candidate ready for vote by Friday.

Posted by Johann Sorel <jo...@geomatys.com>.
+1

A big update indeed, thanks.

Johann