Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Frank Spychalski <sp...@schlund.de> on 2002/07/29 10:55:51 UTC

Problem serializing a composite

Hi,

I have a problem sending a class which uses the composite patter.
Basically the class looks like this:

public class Event {

   // a few other get/set methods...

   public Event[] getEvents() {

     // Object[] to Event[]
     Event[] e = new Event[llEvents.size()];
     Iterator it = llEvents.iterator();
     int i=0;
     while(it.hasNext()) {
       e[i] = (Event) it.next();
       i++;
     }
     return e;
   }

   public void setEvents (Event[] e) {
     llEvents = new LinkedList();
     for (int i = 0; i < e.length; i++) {
       llEvents.add(e[i]);
     }
   }
}

without the get/setEvents everything works fine but now I get the
following Response:

[Header=null] [methodName=null] [targetObjectURI=null]
[encodingStyleURI=null] [SOAPContext=[Parts={[cid:null type: text/xml;
charset=utf-8 enc: null]}]] [fault=[Attributes={}]
[faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client] [faultString=Unable to retrieve
PropertyDescriptor for property 'events' of class 'class Event'.]
[faultActorURI=/soap/servlet/rpcrouter] [DetailEntries=]
[FaultEntries=]] [Params={}]

I used the same code in another class (EventWrapper) and everything
worked in that case, that's why I think it might be a SOAP problem and
not my fault ;-)

any comments?

thanks for your help
Frank
--
Frank 'Psycho' Spychalski       frank@spychalski.de

In the beginning was the word, and the word was content-type: text/plain

RE: Problem serializing a composite

Posted by Erich Izdepski <ei...@cysive.com>.
Frank-
I know you said please ignore, but I wanted to mention that a couple of
people on the form have experienced this problem. If you create a
PropertyDescriptor for your class, you can overcome it. Truly, you shouldn't
need to do it, but that's the mysterious bug.

Erich Izdepski
Senior Software Engineer
Cysive, Inc.

please ignore. It works now, so I think it was my fault ;-)

bye
Frank

Posted by Frank Spychalski <sp...@schlund.de>.
Hi,