Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/09 15:52:15 UTC

Is http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrCloud#Example_A:_Simple_two_shard_cluster up to date?

I specify -Dcollection.configName=rnicloud, but the admin gui tells me
that I have a collection named 'collection1'.

And, as reported in a prior email, the admin UI URL in there seems wrong.

Re: Is http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrCloud#Example_A:_Simple_two_shard_cluster up to date?

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Apr 9, 2012, at 9:52 AM, Benson Margulies wrote:

> I specify -Dcollection.configName=rnicloud, but the admin gui tells me
> that I have a collection named 'collection1'.
>
> And, as reported in a prior email, the admin UI URL in there seems wrong.

Sorry - that param name is not entirely clear I guess - it's the name of the collection set you are uploading. Later, you could refer multiple Collections to that set of config files by using that name. In that example, because you don't override the collection name, it takes the default, which is the SolrCore name, which is collection1. You can override the collection name to something else by adding an attrib in solr.xml or using a param with CoreAdmin when creating a core dynamically. If you don't, it simply uses the SolrCore name for the name of the collection.

- Mark Miller
lucidimagination.com