Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/08 19:40:23 UTC

Please perform "gradle clean test" more often

Tapestry is an increasingly complex product, built from interlocking parts
and third party libraries that can have a number of unexpected behaviors
when combined. That's why we write tests.

Further, just because something builds and tests in the IDE does not mean
it is correct; for example, the classpath can be subtly different between
the IDE and command line builds; and the command line build is the
canonical "correct" build, as that generates the bits we eventually ship.

It is a drain on precious resources to check in code that fails to build;
if you have any doubts, or need to optimize your development process ...
that's what branches are for. Create a remote feature branch and then be
careful about merging it back into master ... and running clean tests.

:plastic:compileJava
warning: [options] bootstrap class path not set in conjunction with -source
1.5
/Users/hlship/workspaces/tapestry/tapestry5/plastic/src/main/java/org/apache/tapestry5/internal/plastic/PlasticClassPool.java:22:
error: package org.slf4j does not exist
import org.slf4j.Logger;
                ^
/Users/hlship/workspaces/tapestry/tapestry5/plastic/src/main/java/org/apache/tapestry5/internal/plastic/PlasticClassPool.java:23:
error: package org.slf4j does not exist
import org.slf4j.LoggerFactory;
                ^
/Users/hlship/workspaces/tapestry/tapestry5/plastic/src/main/java/org/apache/tapestry5/internal/plastic/PlasticClassPool.java:40:
error: cannot find symbol
    private static final Logger LOGGER =
LoggerFactory.getLogger(PlasticClassPool.class);
                         ^
  symbol:   class Logger
  location: class PlasticClassPool
/Users/hlship/workspaces/tapestry/tapestry5/plastic/src/main/java/org/apache/tapestry5/internal/plastic/PlasticClassPool.java:40:
error: cannot find symbol
    private static final Logger LOGGER =
LoggerFactory.getLogger(PlasticClassPool.class);
                                         ^
  symbol:   variable LoggerFactory
  location: class PlasticClassPool
Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
4 errors
1 warning
:plastic:compileJava FAILED

--