Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM <da...@us.ibm.com> on 2002/10/08 20:39:09 UTC

[Xalan-C++] Win32 packing issue vote!

Hello all,

There have many many requests for building Xalan-C++ into one DLL on Win32.
So, with that in mind, I'd like to get an idea of what Win32 users out
there want.

The two choices are:

   1. Build Xalan into one DLL on Windows
   2. Continue to build Xalan into multiple DLLs, but provide a
   configuration for building it into one DLL. (this is the current
   situation)

Note that I'm not going to pursue the third possibility, which is to build
Xalan into one DLL, but maintain the old project files for the separate
DLLs.  It's just too much work to keep the separate project files
up-do-date.

If you have an opinion either way, now is the time to express it.

Thanks!

Dave