Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Lu Cui <cu...@yahoo.com> on 2003/08/22 08:39:33 UTC

a urgent question from a new comer

Dear All

I have a newbie but urgent question about OJB. Each db
in my project might finally contain around 1 million
objects defined by more than 500 classes. The classes
structure is terrifically complex with many levels of
inheritance and references. I might query the db using
some ODMG API like, a.b.c.d.e.f.g, which is seven
levels of references. The final results might contains
a few thousands of objects. I can wait  for a few
second for a query but not a few minutes. I am not
sure that OJB is suitable for my project. Does anybody
have any experience with large quantity of data with a
complex class structure?

Best regards
Cui Lu