Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Uddipan Mukherjee <Ud...@infosys.com> on 2012/10/09 16:40:24 UTC

Hive-Site XML changing any proprty.

Hi hadoop, hive gurus,

    I have a requirement to change the path of the scratch folder of Hive.  Hence I have added following property in Hive-Site.xml and changed its value as required.

<property>
  <name>hive.exec.scratchdir</name>
  <value/tmp/example</value>
  <description>Scratch space for Hive jobs</description>
</property>

But still it is not reflecting as required. Do I need to restart Hive server to read the updated value in the file.

Also is there any other way other than restarting Hive server?

Any pointers will be helpful.

Thanks And Regards
Uddipan Mukherjee

Infosys e-mail system.

Re: Hive-Site XML changing any proprty.

Posted by nagarjuna kanamarlapudi <na...@gmail.com>.
by restarting the hive server your problem should be solved.

Not sure if we have any other ways of starting the hive server other than .

1. bin/hive --service hiveserver

2. HIVE_PORT=xxxx ./hive --service hiveserver

Regards,
Nagarjuna

Posted by nagarjuna kanamarlapudi <na...@gmail.com>.

Posted by nagarjuna kanamarlapudi <na...@gmail.com>.