Posted to dev@mxnet.apache.org by Anirudh Acharya <an...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/03 03:07:38 UTC

Proposed Change to Reshape Operator

Hi All,

With the current Reshape operator in MXNet, it is not possible to reshape
an input array when the shape is generated at runtime. I have created a
github issue describing the problem with examples -
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/issues/10789

Briefly stated, MXNet should support the usecase where both the input array
and the shape tuple are fed to the "reshape" operator as input arguments.

The proposed solution is to modify the existing reshape_like operator to
accept another boolean parameter called infer_shape. And based on this
parameter we can either infer the shape of second input( as it is done now)
or take the second input as the shape array itself.

Please let me know your comments and feedback.

Regards
Anirudh Acharya