Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Simon AM Cox <sa...@ecs.soton.ac.uk> on 2003/07/11 15:16:43 UTC

Multi-Page SVG

Hi,

Does batik support multi-page SVG documents, i.e. documents with a
<pageSet> element and several <page> elements.

I found it on the draft for SVG 1.2:

http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG12/#multipage

If multiple pages aren't supported, is there any intention of supporting
them within the near future?

Thanks,

Simon Cox

Re: Multi-Page SVG

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.
Simon AM Cox wrote:

> Does batik support multi-page SVG documents, i.e. documents with a
> <pageSet> element and several <page> elements.
>
> I found it on the draft for SVG 1.2:
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG12/#multipage
>
> If multiple pages aren't supported, is there any intention of supporting
> them within the near future?

     Currently they aren't supported, I don't know that any of the
contributors plan on adding support.  The real question is what do you
want the behaviour to be?  Adding support to the transcoders would
probably not be a large amount of work.  Adding it to the interactive
viewer may be a little more trickier.

     Batik is a very exensible so in general it should be fairly
easy for you to add support for them yourself.  What are you hoping
to do with them?